dash.js RC 4.4.0 Code Freeze

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

Apr 22, 2022, 3:12:14 AM4/22/22
to dash.js
Dear all,

we have just started the code freeze for dash.js version 4.4.0.

Again big thanks to all the contributors.

We would like to ask you for some help testing this release. We greatly appreciate your help to verify it is free from regression. Any help, feedback, comment will be really appreciated.

Due to major changes in the code base of dash.js we will have an extended testing period. Release date of version 4.4.0 will be May 4th. You can find all the issues and pull requests of the 4.4.0 milestone here. The release candidate can be found here.

Features
#3895 Support for ProducerReferenceTime specified in the manifest: Adds calculation of liveDelay described in TS 103 285 Clause 10.20.4
#3900 Update manifest source url without re-initialising player
#3898 Provides a way of setting 'withCredentials' true/false on DVB Metrics Reporting requests.
#3831 Support for ServiceDescription "OperatingBandwidth"
#3893 Enable whitelisting of CMCD parameters

Improvements
#3894 JSON stringify the license request payload to Clearkey servers
#3884 BOLA rule: Avoid quality switch to lowest level for video track when switching audio track
#3883 Remove non-standard t metric from HttpList reports
#3910 Trigger event when AdaptationSet is removed due to all representations being incompatible
#3831 Move catchup logic to a separate CatchupController class
#3831 Move ServiceDescription logic to a separate class ServiceDescriptionController
#3831 Do not overwrite Settings.js parameters when applying the ServiceDescription logic.
#3831 Use MediaPlayerModel as a proxy between classes and Settings.js if additional logic needs to be applied and the settings can not be used 1:1
#3831 Add new class CustomParametersModel to save all callback functions and additional parameters defined by the app
#3831 Remove enableLowLatency from Settings.js. Switch to low latency mode internally based on MPD parameters availabilityTimeComplete
#3831 Remove minDrift, always apply catchup logic if in low latency mode
#3831 Calculate the live latency at a central place PlaybackController.computeAndSetLiveDelay. Add notification to recalculate once settings are changed, see bullet below
#3831 Add DISPATCH_KEY_MAP to Settings.js to trigger events once a specific setting is updated
#3921 Enforce indention in ESLint config
#3926 Prevent exception when PlayReady CDM returns UTF-8 unwrapped message
#3923 Change precedence of ServiceDescription elements
#3888 Fix playback stalling for buffered ranges
#3918 Reduce export settings url length by comparing to default settings

Bugfixes
#3892 Update SessionToken typings (add getUsable())
#3903 Fix concurrent internal seeks
#3925 [MSS] Fix regression in MssParser
#3924 [MSS] Fix start FragmentInfo requests on seeking event