dash.js v4.7.3 release candidate

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

Nov 30, 2023, 3:47:35 AM11/30/23
to dash.js
Dear all,
we have just prepared the release candidate for dash.js version 4.7.3.

Big thanks to all the contributors.

We would like to ask you for some help testing this release. We greatly appreciate your help to verify it is free from regression. Any help, feedback, comments will be really appreciated.

The release date of version 4.7.3 will be December 8. You can find all the issues and pull requests of the 4.7.3 milestone here. The release candidate branch can be found here.

Features
#4319 Add support for playback using the Managed Media Source

Improvements
#4280 Change template for JSDocs to avoid styling issues like the menu blocking the parameter description
#4298 Adds settings parameters to configure the AbandonRequestsRule.js
#4267 Update all URLs to Livesim. Use Livesim2 instead of Livesim1
#4305 Remove outdated cues from track when adding a new cue to avoid memory leaks.
#4310 Add new BBC R&D Test Streams to Reference Player
#4320 enable pass-through of UTF-8 chars when provided via lang-attribute

Bugfixes
#4296 Fix two scheduling errors related to quality switches
#4297 Fix the handling of abandoning segment requests
#4314 Fix issues with the controlbar when muting video playback and transitioning from dynamic to static content