dash.js RC 4.5.1 code freeze

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

Nov 4, 2022, 3:34:58 AM11/4/22
to dash.js
Dear all,

we have just started the code freeze for dash.js version 4.5.1.

Again big thanks to all the contributors.

We would like to ask you for some help testing this release. We greatly appreciate your help to verify it is free from regression. Any help, feedback, comment will be really appreciated.

The release date of version 4.5.1 will be Nov 11th. You can find all the issues and pull requests of the 4.5.1 milestone here. The release candidate can be found here.

Best
Daniel

Features
  • #4064 Adds an example which shows how the dash.js player can be connected to a TimingObject for synchronized playback between multiple clients

Improvements
  • #4054 Improvements when setting min and max playback rate
    • Separate playbackRate into a min and max value. This means the application of rates can be the same between ServiceDescription and dash.js settings.
    • Applies playback rates of value 1.0 if explicitly set.
    • Modify catch-up algorithms to take into account these separate playback rate values.
    • Update sample to take into account min and max playback rate values.
  • #4018 Separate settings matcher to work on each property provided for initial track selection individually
  • #4056 Change the logic for pruning the buffer ahead. Calculate the continuous buffer starting at the target time and prune according to the threshold values defined in the settings
  • #4057 For VoD Limit the seek range to the duration of the content
  • #4082 Add settings attribute to define manifest request timeout value

Bugfixes
  • #4058 Fix Typescript typings for MediaPlayer.on() method
  • Link Add min width to video time of Controlbar to overcome issues when seeking between a time less than one hour and a time larger than one hour
  • #4068 Fix rounding issues when searching for valid segment in order to jump a gap
  • #4069 Some platforms provide changeType() as a function but actually using it causes problems when switching between tracks with different codecs. This PR adds a settings flag to disable the usage of changeType even when it is available on the platform.
  • #4079 Only run Github actions if we are on the official repository
  • #4080 Add supplementalProperties attribute to index.d.ts and MediaInfo.js
  • #4081 Catch errors when applying styles on WebVTT cue