dash.js v4.7.4 release candidate

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

Feb 6, 2024, 7:29:51 AMFeb 6
to dash.js
Dear all,
we have just prepared the release candidate for dash.js version 4.7.4.

Big thanks to all the contributors, especially Matthew Juggins (BBC).

We would like to ask you for some help testing this release. We greatly appreciate your help to verify it is free from regression. Any help, feedback, comments will be really appreciated.

We are aiming for the release of version 4.7.4 on February 13th. However, due to the Mile High Video and SVTA Segments 2024 the release date might need to be postponed to February 19th

You can find all the issues and pull requests of the 4.7.4 milestone here. The release candidate branch can be found here.

Features
#4338 Add support for DVB Font downloads as specified in ETSI TS 103 285 V1.4.1 - Section 7.2 Downloadable Fonts
#4360 Add an event that enables manual rendering of subtitles
#4330 Add API endpoint to trigger a manifest refresh
#4336 Add IMSC settings for rollUp and displayForcedOnly
#4382 Add a liveUpdateTimeThreshold to control time syncing during playback of live streams

Improvements
#4359 Fix flickering and blinking of IMSC subtitles
#4350 Include HTTP request range in data that is passed to the modifyRequest function
#4356 Remove unused depdendency foodoc and move JSDoc related dependencies to devDependencies section in the package.json
#4362 Refactor DVB extensions properties to consistently use camel case.

Bugfixes
#4348 #4349 Remove duplicate events in index.d.ts
#4355 Fix invalid warning in StreamProcessor.js
#4335 Remove specific Chrome version from CircleCI config
#4363 Fix PlaybackErrorEvent Typescript typing
#4365 Add a try/catch around matchSettingsLang in case bcp47Normalize fails with an error
#4368 Check for undefined values in addHttpRequest method