dash.js RC 4.2.0 Code Freeze

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

Nov 19, 2021, 2:52:25 AM11/19/21
to dash.js
Dear all,

we have just started the code freeze for dash.js version 4.2.0.

Again big thanks to all of the contributors, especially Bertrand Berthelot.

We would like to ask you for some help testing this release. We really appreciate your help verifying it is free from regression. Any help, feedback, comment will be really appreciated.

Release date of version 4.2.0 will be November 26th. You can find all the issues and pull requests of the 4.2.0 milestone here The release candidate branch can be found here

Version 4.2.0 - Release Notes

Features
3793 DRM: Support for license server URL via MPD tags
#3805 DRM: Support for manifest based key rotation. Rely on key id updates instead of initData updates
3793 DRM: Add ignoreEmeEncryptedEvent setting to ignore pssh from init and media segments,

Improvements
#3779 Avoid creating one HTTPLoader instance per request
#3793 DRM: Add promises if possible to control async functions. The previous usage of events was messy, made the content hard to maintain and was not required for most of the functions (except for keymessage and needkey)
#3793 DRM: Removed call to protectionModel.requestKeySystemAccess in case a new key session is created after the keysystem has already been selected
#3793 Update DRM Wiki description
Link Show warning in case location.protocol is http when accessing the reference client
Link Rename event STREAM_SWITCH_STARTED into PERDIO_SWITCH_STARTED
#3816 DRM: Do not filter keySystems based on protData for "encrypted" events

Major bugfixes
#3783 Fix issue on text track selection
#3785 Fix scheduleWhilePaused not working
#3789 Fix seek with null value in PlaybackController.js

Minor bugfixes
#3780 [MSS] Do not update manifest if already updating at tracks switching for live streams
Link Fix exception in GapController.js when enableSeekFix is set to true
Link Check for stableBufferTime larger than 0 in MediaPlayerModel.js
#3791 Fix issue on WebVTT text tracks
#3799 Avoid uncaught exception on SourceBuffer.abort()
#3814 Add dynamic attribute for calls to getAverageThrougput
#3815 Check for video element readystate in PlaybackController.updateCurrentime