Customizing Dash.js Player

Deepak Yadav

May 9, 2024, 4:40:27 AMMay 9
to dash.js
Hi all,
I'm reaching out to discuss some customization options for the Dash.js player. I have been using Dash.js for a while now.i'm interested in adding some new functionalities like:-
1. Adding  button after volume key.
2. When click that button then see the current playing video details.

If customization is possible so Could you provide some guidance on how i can approach these customizations?Are there any APIs or extension points available for extending the player's functionality? Also, if you have any examples or best practices to share, that would be incredibly helpful.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

May 13, 2024, 2:19:03 AMMay 13
to dash.js
The code for our controlbar is available here: https://github.com/Dash-Industry-Forum/dash.js/tree/development/contrib/akamai/controlbar

As a reference, you can look into the Reference UI. It shows how information such as the buffer level, current representation etc can be accessed via the dash.js API: https://github.com/Dash-Industry-Forum/dash.js/tree/development/samples/dash-if-reference-player