RC 3.2.0 Code Freeze

daniel....@fokus.fraunhofer.de

Dec 4, 2020, 9:49:50 AM12/4/20
to dash.js
Dear all,

we have just started the code freeze for dash.js version 3.2.0.

Again big thanks to all of the contributors.

We would like to ask you for some help testing this release. We really appreciate your help verifying it is free from regression. Any help, feedback, comment will be really appreciated.

Release date of version 3.2.0 will be December 11th. You can find all the issues and pull requests of the 3.2.0 milestone here The release candidate branch can be found here

Best regards
Daniel Silhavy

Features
#3411 DASH Events: Support for onReceive mode
#3424 Add Learn2Adapt ABR algorithm for low-latency streams
#3469 Add LoL+ ABR algorithm for low-latency streams
#3468 Enable live playback catchup for non low latency streams
#3264 Add Chromecast sender and receiver applications

Improvements
#3406 Compare mediaInfo objects in DashAdapter
#3385 UpdateSettings new streaming parameters : trackSwitchMode and selectionModeForInitialTrack
#3422 Add a fragment request timeout
#3437 Use resizeObserver when available for resizing captions
#3432 Add MediaPlayer.destroy to free all memory
#3372 Refactor of the EventBus
#3444 Add event for transition from dynamic to static
#3420 Align CMCD reporting with latest changes in the spec
#3428 Migrate to intern v4
#3450 Remove default CID from CMCD
#3456 Decrease already seen initData log from warn to info
#3467 Fix timing for live gap jumps
#3471 Rewrite the event timing calculation and dispatching logic

Bugfixes
#3405 Fix prebuffering static mpds
#3401 Fix ManifestUpdater for 'dynamic' to 'static' streams
#3425 Accept non-compliant imagetype attribute name in SMPTE-TT image
#3440 [MSS] fix segment duration
#3414 dvb:probability should be 1000 by default
#3458 Fix script error in case of AdaptationSet removal at MPD update