DASH 12 - Moving to September 2025

M. Sean Molley

May 15, 2024, 10:34:27 PMMay 15
to DASH-announce
Greetings...

As you may have heard at yesterday's Puzzled Pint or noticed from a change we very recently made to the DASH website, we've made the difficult decision to delay DASH 12 from September 2024 to September 2025. After reviewing all the work that is currently in flight (and a tremendous amount of work has already gone into this event!) we realized that we just need more time in order to bring you the best possible version of DASH 12.

Because DASH is a global event, the time of year when it runs matters quite a lot. There are not very many opportunities during a calendar year when the weather is likely to be "good enough" for an outdoor event to take place in most of the cities where DASH happens. We polled the City Leads who had already committed to DASH 12 for this September with some options about possible dates in 2025. Based on the results of that vote it was clear that keeping the event in September is the best choice for the most cities. So, that's why we are moving it back a full year.

I know that this news will be disappointing to many who have been looking forward to DASH coming back after its long hiatus. I sincerely hope that you'll join us for DASH 12 on a Saturday in September 2025. (We'll announce the exact date in the not-too-distant future... all we know today is that it will *not* be on the Labor Day weekend in the USA, but we haven't yet chosen which of the other weekends in September 2025 it will be.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to email das...@playdash.org -- and yes, we are still recruiting more City Leads!  If you have an interest in potentially volunteering to bring DASH to your city, even this far in advance, please reach out and we'll either put you in touch with other volunteers in your area or work with you to start organizing in your city. You can reach me directly to talk about volunteering on events....@playdash.org (but the general dash12 address is fine too).

We look forward to welcoming the worldwide puzzle community to a great DASH 12 in September 2025. Thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm, support, and patience.

Talk to you later --

Sean (on behalf of the DASH directors)
----
M. Sean Molley