DASH 11 Bay Area Events Update

M. Sean Molley

Jul 22, 2019, 10:43:06 PM7/22/19
to dash-a...@googlegroups.com
TL,DR: Bay Area registration for DASH 11 reopens at 7 PM Pacific time on Tuesday 23 July. Visit https://dash11.playdash.org to register.

Greetings...

Thanks to our amazing volunteers, we have been able to divide what was our single Bay Area DASH event into three separate events: Oakland with an 8 AM start time, Oakland with a 10 AM start time, and Palo Alto.  The Oakland course takes place in the Lake Merritt area; both the starting and ending locations are near transit.  The Palo Alto event starts at Stanford University.

All of the teams that were previously registered or that were on the waitlist for "San Francisco / Oakland TBD" have been offered the opportunity to choose one of the three new events.  Palo Alto and the Oakland 10 AM start are both full, but Oakland 8 AM will have a few available slots even after emptying the existing waitlist, so we plan to re-open registration for the Bay Area events at 7 PM Pacific time on Tuesday 23 July.  We expect the few remaining Oakland 8 AM slots to go quickly, and we do not expect any of these events to be able to add more capacity.

If you register for an event that is already full, you will be added to the waitlist.  Teams on the waitlist may be contacted at any point if a registered team drops out of the event.  This can happen right up until a few days before DASH, but there are no guarantees that any team will get in off the waitlist.  If you want a guaranteed place in DASH 11 and you are not already registered then you should choose an event that has available team slots.  For example, apart from the Oakland 8 AM event, as of this writing there are still slots open in Davis, Los Angeles, Portland, Colorado Springs, and Denver.

As always, if you have any questions, you can reach us on das...@playdash.org.  We look forward to seeing you in September!

Talk to you later --

Sean
----