libnetcore Future Sources

Clifford Sekel

Aug 20, 2018, 10:16:55 PM8/20/18
to opens...@apple.com, macnetw...@lists.apple.com, esk...@apple.com, Avi Saven, darwi...@lists.apple.com, William Kent, Ferdinand Klinzer, Ethan Sherriff
Opensource Devs,

We(PureDarwin) are looking for the open sourcing of the libnetcore project following Quinn “The Eskimo!” suggestion here (https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/106543) we're going to go through the stubbing of the current configd project for the 'Network.framework' and 'libsystem_network.dylib' sources. We understand that the current macOS version of libnetcore is closed source/private framework, we are requesting that the Mojave Version of libnetcore project be open sourced when Apple releases the other source code of 10.14 Darwin Core OS when it does. We also realize libsystem_network.dylib is gone but seems to be replaced by libnetwork.dylib from our poking around the SDK's from 10.13.6 and 10.14. I hope this msg doesn't find a black hole and Apple can help an open source os community that is still hanging in there, this effort is to bring networking to our Beta Darwin OS that we currently have here (https://github.com/PureDarwin/PD-17.4-Beta) that has been done so far with only 8 people actively working the project.

Thanks
Cliff Sekel aka InsaneDarwin
PureDarwin Project!