gl2fasta methods and constant sites

Alvaro Cortes

May 23, 2024, 4:39:39 PMMay 23
to dartR

Hi everyone,

I'm using the gl2fasta function to perform a phylogenetic analysis in IQTREE. When I select methods one and two (for ML phylogenetic analysis), the output file contains a large number of constant sites (over 260,000). Can someone please explain where these sites come from and if they impact downstream analyses using ML phylogenetic methods?

I know IQTREE can handle a proportion of constant/invariant sites, but this number seems high, and I'm worried it will impact the analysis and branch lengths.

This issue doesn't occur when I select methods 3 and 4, but I'm running an ML analysis, and 3 and 4 are specific to Maximum parsimony.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers,

-Alvaro

Jose Luis Mijangos

May 28, 2024, 2:51:53 AMMay 28
to dartR
Hi Alvaro,

Please have a look at a previous discussion about this topic using the link below:

Cheers,
Luis