Error loading DartR package

Ella Dunn

May 17, 2023, 4:41:41 AM5/17/23
to dartR
Hi all,

I havent used DartR in a while, and I am probably having issues loading the package (version 2.7.2) due to updates etc.
I get this error message when doing library(dartR)
I am currently in R verson 4.2.2, Rstudio version 2023.03.1
I try to update R but it wants me to update to version 4.3.0. Will this fix my issue?

Warning: package ‘dartR’ was built under R version 4.2.3Loading required package: adegenet Warning: package ‘adegenet’ was built under R version 4.2.3Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘adegenet’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]): namespace ‘rlang’ 1.0.6 is already loaded, but >= 1.1.0 is required Error: package ‘adegenet’ could not be loaded

THanks,
Ella

Jose Luis Mijangos

May 17, 2023, 8:40:13 PM5/17/23
to dartR
Hi Ella,

Yes, please update R, R-studio and all your packages. After updating, it is a good idea to restart your machine. You can update your packages by typing in the R console: update.packages(ask = FALSE). A nice tutorial to update R and R-studio is https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/3-methods-update-r-rstudio-windows-mac-woratana-ngarmtrakulchol

Cheers,
Luis

Ella Dunn

May 18, 2023, 2:33:08 AM5/18/23
to dartR
Hi Luis,

Thank you, I have updated everything and loaded dartR successfully.
However, when i try run the function

gl.install.vanilla.dartR()
ERROR: package installation failed Error: Failed to install 'ggtern' from GitHub: ! System command 'Rcmd.exe' failed
and again, I get
Warning: The following packages need to be installed, but are not available via CRAN. Look to github or other repositories such as bioconductor. ggtern testthat (>= 3.0.0)

Can you please let me know the script to install ggtern?

Thanks,
Ella

Jose Luis Mijangos

May 18, 2023, 3:01:06 AM5/18/23
to dartR
Hi Ella,

Yes, ggtern is having installation problems in Windows.

Can you try installing it using:

> library(devtools)
> install_github("mijangos81/ggtern")

Cheers,