gl.report.replicates

Sandra Erdmann

Apr 6, 2024, 1:26:44 AMApr 6
to dartR
Hi All,

I have joined the workshop last month (which was incredibly helpful btw!) and saw the function gl.report.replicates in the script for investigating relatedness. When trying to run this function (dartR version 2.9.7), it said it couldn't find the function. Does it not exist anymore or is there an alternative function available (maybe in dartRverse)??

Thanks,
Sunny

Bernd.Gruber

Apr 6, 2024, 5:28:38 AMApr 6
to da...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sunny,

It is in dartR.base (github dev version >0.88)

Cheers, Bernd
---------

Sandra Erdmann

Apr 16, 2024, 10:45:52 PMApr 16
to dartR
Thank you Bernd!

I have updated the packages with guidance from here (https://github.com/green-striped-gecko/dartRverse) and after restarting R, I could run the function under version 0.89.

Cheers,
Sunny

Manuela Cascini

May 17, 2024, 3:56:33 AMMay 17
to dartR
Hi Luis,

I am using the gl.report.replicates function for the first time and I am rather puzzled by the NA columns results. I copied an extract below, you will see that most samples have around 99% NA.
It seems weirdly high to me, ow would you explain it?

perc nloc ind1_NA ind2_NA
0.9268293 1230 0.989575 0.9967923
0.9268092 1216 0.9839615 0.9903769
0.9268061 1052 0.8460305 0.9967923
0.9267697 1229 0.9959904 0.989575
0.926749 1215 0.9799519 0.9943865
0.926749 1215 0.9799519 0.9943865
0.9267311 1242 0.9975942 0.9983962

Thanks,
Manuela

Jose Luis Mijangos

May 17, 2024, 4:04:15 AMMay 17
to dartR
Hi Manuela,

Yes, the documentation is not clear. The "NA" columns show the call rate not missing data. So, 0.99 means that 1% of loci have missing data.

Cheers,
Luis

Manuela Cascini

May 17, 2024, 4:06:21 AMMay 17
to da...@googlegroups.com
Of course, I should have thought about that!
Thanks Luis