Update frequency?

Matthew Butler

Nov 3, 2015, 1:34:57 PM11/3/15
to Fletch Discuss
Hi Folks,

Since currently there is no automatic update process in place for Fletch, is there a recommendation of how often to look for updates? Will there be announcements on this forum when we should update our install and/or the .deb on the remote system (eg pi)?

I know obviously as testing goes, you'd prefer folks were using the latest compiled version to correspond with sdk updates etc before bugs are filed so I just thought I'd ask in advance.

Thanks,

Matt

Rico Wind

Nov 3, 2015, 1:48:33 PM11/3/15
to Matthew Butler, Fletch Discuss
Hey Matthew,

It will not be that long before we ship the next version, and we will most certainly announce it here. When structure, testing and dependencies are a little more stable I would expect us to ship more often on our dev channel and update a stable channel once every few months (comparable to the normal dart sdk) - but we are not there yet, and the actual general schedule for that is not set in stone yet.

If you need to test some fix out that is a result of something that we fix there are archived builds from our master branch on the sdk bots, e.g., http://build.chromium.org/p/client.fletch/builders/fletch-linux-release-x64-sdk/ have download links in the individual builds for linux. I would not generally recommend these builds, since, again, we still have work in progress that may cause unstable versions there where either scripts/compiler/vm/agent is not working correctly.

Cheers,
Rico

Matthew Butler

Nov 3, 2015, 2:29:12 PM11/3/15
to Fletch Discuss
Thanks for the follow up Rico. Answered my questions and then some!

Matt