Microprocessor support

Morten Holm

Oct 6, 2015, 2:33:40 PM10/6/15
to Fletch Discuss
Hi

Saw Kaspers talk at #gotocon today and Dart Fletch looks really exciting.

It seems that support is planned for STM32F7 series, but what about the smaller STM32F103 series?

Another interesting IoT platform to support would be ESP8266 (also 32bit).

Morten

Mads Ager

Oct 6, 2015, 4:14:04 PM10/6/15
to Morten Holm, Fletch Discuss
Hi Morten,

I'm happy you like it! We are really excited about it as well! :)

We do have Fletch running on the STM32F7 boards and we think we can make that run really well. The STM32F103 series hasn't been on our radar yet, so it is too early to tell if we will be able to run well on that. With a max of 1MB of flash and 96kB of RAM it is pretty limited. Whether it is too limited for Fletch, time will tell.

I don't know the ESP8266 and I couldn't find any clear specs with a quick Google search. Thanks for the pointer, we should dig up more information on that one.

Cheers,
Mads

seb mitchell

Oct 12, 2015, 2:33:18 AM10/12/15
to Fletch Discuss

On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 07:14:04 UTC+11, Mads Ager wrote:
We do have Fletch running on the STM32F7 boards

Just wondering what STM32F7 boards are you testing on?
Had a google and found this kit, looks very cool for us$50.
" the STM32F7 Discovery kit combines STM32F7 higher-performance resources, code compatibility with STM32F4, touchscreen & stereo mems mics for intuitive UIs, unified expansion capabilities with Arduino connectors for a wide choice of specialized add-on boards. "

Peter Ahé

Oct 14, 2015, 3:42:48 AM10/14/15
to seb mitchell, Fletch Discuss
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:33 AM seb mitchell <si...@jseb.com> wrote:
Just wondering what STM32F7 boards are you testing on?

Hi Seb,

Seems like everyone who knows for sure is on vacation this week (this week schools are closed in Denmark). We'll get back to you next week.

seb mitchell

Oct 14, 2015, 4:10:44 AM10/14/15
to Fletch Discuss

Cool, Stephan did reply, directly.

"That is one of the boards we tried. The make file under thirdparty/lk has a project for creating a flash image for such a device.

Take a look at the accompanying readme for instructions."