Dartino custom baord bring up

prakash m

Jul 14, 2016, 1:33:13 AM7/14/16
to Dartino Discuss
Hi,

 How to start dartino porting  activites for custom embedded devices?

Thanks and Regrads
Prakash.M

Anders Sandholm

Jul 14, 2016, 6:27:36 AM7/14/16
to prakash m, Dartino Discuss
Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your email. Just wondering, what kind of board did you want to do a Dartino bring up on?

Generally, we are working on writing better documentation and guidance on how to do custom board bring up for Dartino. So please stay tuned.
Unfortunately, we don't have a good answer at this point beyond the obvious of checking out the code and starting to port, which - I realize - isn't very helpful in and of itself.

Do let us know, though, if you have any specific questions or run into specific issues in the process.

Thanks,
Anders

Anders Sandholm | Product Manager Google Ads & Commerce | Lead PM for Dart

Anders Thorhauge Sandholm,
Product Manager, Google Denmark
CVR nr. 28 86 69 84

Søren Gjesse

Aug 2, 2016, 9:40:23 AM8/2/16
to Dartino Discuss
Right now we don't have any documentation for adding support for an additional board. However one change to look at is https://github.com/dartino/sdk/commit/3614c33abaf8074589af07cf249e0b07e2225431, which adds support for the STM32F411RE Nucleo board.

The meat of the change is board.c and stm32f411re_nucleo.dart. borad.c It has the public function InitializeBoard which is called by the Dartino FreeRTOS embedding during startup. The board specific package in stm32f411re_nucleo.dart exposes the board to Dart code. This relies on the STM32 code already present for the STM32F746G Discovery board.

Besides that there are configuration files and linker script in the platforms/ directory and build scripts for building with the GYP/Ninja build-system we use.

You don't necessarily need to build the board library using the build system in the repository. If you have a downloaded Dartino SDK you can create a new directory under platforms with the board library and the libdartino.a and libfreertos_dartino.a (compiled for the processor).

On top of the initial commit for the STM32F411RE Nucleo board https://github.com/dartino/sdk/commit/09bcf42b78adc22d222c90c0230c5ff15e882e8f adds UART support, and 218511f8f17e4da1f9b1a73e0e1b0c167b2208b1 adds a I2C driver. Both these drivers use the driver API from https://github.com/dartino/sdk/blob/master/src/freertos/device_manager.h.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Søren

---