Re: [dart-misc] Box2D Library Incomplete

Dominic Hamon

Jan 13, 2014, 4:39:55 PM1/13/14
to General Dart Discussion, dartbox2...@googlegroups.com
testPoint is in the shape class - the wrapper from the fixture class was missing but i've just pushed a change with it included.

Dominic Hamon | Google
There are no bad ideas; only good ideas that go horribly wrong.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Matt f <gando...@gmail.com> wrote:
I opened an issue on the repo quite a while ago, it seemed to go unnoticed.

I wish I could port these features myself, I lack the understanding of Box2D inner workings and my crude feature replications are hardly worth adding.
Recently I've been looking for the TestPoint function in the Fixture class. It's missing as well.
I'm probably going to look up a library that can detect if a point is in a polygon.

On Friday, December 27, 2013 7:39:21 AM UTC-6, Dominic Hamon wrote:

Hi

I am the maintainer of box2d. I haven't been able to spend much time on it recently but I'm hoping to after the Holidays.

I do accept patches!

I also follow issues opened against the repo so if you want a particular feature but don't have time to implement it in the library yourself you can always open one.

Thanks
- dominic

On Dec 27, 2013 12:26 AM, "Matt f" <gando...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Dart Box2D library is missing some key features. One of them being Raycasting. I made do with a custom implementation but it isn't as awesome as the native feature.

Development on it stopped 5 months ago.