Dart Box2D version and rope joint future?

Rupert Key

May 28, 2012, 11:06:28 AM5/28/12
to dartbox2...@googlegroups.com
TL;DR What version of Box2D does Dart Box2D implement and what are the future porting plans?  (especially for RopeJoint)

Hi,

Just got to the point of integrating a joint in my fledgling Dart game and realised I need RopeJoint (DistanceJoint just isn't enough :-) ).  What's the best way to get this?  I don't want to duplicate work if you're already porting.  If you're not, what's the best approach?  Is the Dart version based on Box2D 2.2 such that I can go find the missing code and ... ?
All thoughts and tips welcome :-)

Thanks, Rupert.
p.s. Yes, I posted before investigating too far.  Please forgive ignorance :-)

Rupert Key

May 28, 2012, 8:51:50 PM5/28/12
to dartbox2...@googlegroups.com

Hm, it occurred I can probably workaround with a series of small segments, connected by DistanceJoint!

All the same, it'd be good to know since I hope that, if this goes well, I will use for future projects so likely happy to contribute to maintaining library.

Cheers, Rupert.

Dominic Hamon

May 29, 2012, 12:05:53 PM5/29/12
to dartbox2...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rupert

I don't know the exact version DartBox2d started with, but there's obviously a few classes that are missing. If you're willing to help out, I think porting across individual joint types should be relatively straightforward.

I've opened an issue to track progress and if you want to take any on please do.

- dominic