How to report Dart IDE hang?

Rupert Key

Jun 7, 2012, 9:11:11 AM6/7/12
to dartbox2...@googlegroups.com, Devon Carew
Hi,
I've just had 3 IDE hangs from the same code completion (requiring OS to kill the process).  I tried creating a simple testcase but can't figure the exact cause.
How can I report this?  Is there a log file I can supply, etc?  On Linux I would have pulled a stack trace but I'm currently in Windows without native developer tooling installed.
Thanks, Rupert.

Rupert Key

Jun 7, 2012, 11:18:30 AM6/7/12
to Devon Carew, dartbox2...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response, Devon.  Will that include the log file from previous runs?  (how many?  still worth sending now?)  (sorry, having invested 30m trying to reproduce, I worked-around and can no longer reproduce for you :-\ )
Rupert.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Devon Carew <devon...@google.com> wrote:
Hey Rupert,

The best thing you can do is to use the 'Send Feedback' button the upper right of the app. It has an option to include the log file from the app, which may help us diagnose the issue. We actively triage the incoming feedback reports and create bugs at dartlang.org as necessary. Thanks for the report!

Devon
--
Devon Carew
Software Engineer

Rupert Key

Jun 7, 2012, 11:28:53 AM6/7/12
to Devon Carew, dartbox2...@googlegroups.com
Done.  HTH, Rupert.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Devon Carew <devon...@google.com> wrote:
Thanks for the response, Devon.  Will that include the log file from previous runs?  (how many?  still worth sending now?)  (sorry, having invested 30m trying to reproduce, I worked-around and can no longer reproduce for you :-\ )

If memory serves, we keep the log between runs, and rotate it when it hits the 1MB mark. And if you actually hit that mark, there's probably something worth reporting!

Definitely send in your feedback; it'll help, esp. if we see several people hitting the same thing in a new release. We'll get eyes on the issue pretty quickly.

Devon