Gsoc Changelog Parser Project

Amr Developer

Mar 29, 2022, 5:27:22 AM3/29/22
to dart-gsoc
Hello Mr Jonas,

I am very interested in the Changelog parser project, I have created a starter proposal that contains the plan about how we can implement this project, so I hope to take early feedback

Jonas Jensen

Apr 4, 2022, 10:38:47 AM4/4/22
to dart-gsoc
You might want to take a look at package:markdown

Jonas Jensen

Apr 4, 2022, 10:41:02 AM4/4/22
to dart-gsoc
package:markdown already has parsing logic for markdown and AST nodes for it.
But once we have that we still have to do some logic to determine if it's headlines level 1, 2 or 3 that is created for each versions.
We have to determine what kind of patterns are frequently employed by the community.
Do they write:
# v1.2.3
or
# 1.2.3
or
# Version 1.2.3
or
# Version 1.2.3 -- First Fantastic Release
or
# YYYY-MM-DD -- Version 1.2.3
or something else?
Message has been deleted

Amr Developer

Apr 7, 2022, 5:59:03 AM4/7/22
to dart-gsoc
Yes I understand you, so can we navigate the markdown AST and produce a new AST with nodes for changelogs for example

Changelogs {

  List<Changelog>

}

Changelog {