Changelog parser - "linking to versions"

Arseny

Apr 5, 2022, 8:45:53 AM4/5/22
to dart-gsoc
Hi,

What does "link to versions" mean in the description of the changelog parser project? In my mind, this could be a visual indicator showing that the parser understands what package version relates to a given heading in the changelog file, and that this package version is published and can be used in a Dart/Flutter project. Maybe there could also be a button to copy the corresponding package name and version to the clipboard, for use in pubspec.yaml - just like the existing button that copies the line of text corresponding to the latest version of the package (eg "meta: ^1.7.0" ).

Jonas Jensen

Apr 6, 2022, 7:17:32 AM4/6/22
to dart-gsoc
Ideally, parsing the CHANGELOG means parsing into a structure like:
changelog.json
{
  entries: [
    {
      version: "1.2.3",
    },
  ],
}

Presenting this in the UI on pub.dev is more of a stretch goal.
But building a parser, probably using package:markdown is a bit hard.

Especially since many packages use different markdown patterns for writing their CHANGELOG.md file.

Arseny

Apr 7, 2022, 5:05:42 AM4/7/22
to dart-gsoc
Yep, that makes sense. Could you please review my draft proposal that I submitted 2 days ago? I hope I got the sharing settings right - my proposal is the one with a Google doc, a sheet and a GitHub gist in the description/summary, although the doc tells you everything you need to know.