[Testing documentation comments] have some queries

Mudit Somani (TheComputerM)

Mar 7, 2024, 4:22:29 AMMar 7
to dart-gsoc
I am interested in the `dartdoc_test` idea so I made the sample project that was detailed on the GSoC ideas page, and I wanted some clarifications:

1) > use package:markdown to extract code-snippets from source code comments. I can extract the code-snippets from the doc comments using package:analyzer, can I use package:markdown, if yes then how?
2) Is `// ignore: unreachable` a standard, I cannot find any documentation on it.
3) Also not really related to the project, but can I submit the sample project as a private repo or a secret link rather than a secret gist.

PS: I am really interested in working on this because as far as I know, no other lang tooling allows you to run tests that are defined in comments (docs and testing in one place).

Chinmoy Chakraborty

Mar 11, 2024, 12:19:17 AMMar 11
to dart-gsoc
Hey,

You can find relevant documentation here:
You can also find reference documentation for the API here:
https://pub.dev/documentation/analyzer/latest/

Sharing code in a private repo should be fine as well.

Thanks