Integrate OkHttp with Dart

Yash Garg

Feb 24, 2024, 6:28:26 AMFeb 24
to dart-gsoc
Hello everyone,

I am Yash, working professionally as a Mobile Engineer for the past 3 years, working with various technologies like Flutter, Native Android, SwiftUI.

I am gonna spend some time on Idea: Integrate OkHttp with Dart and try to make a working sample along with a proposal.

> Try writing a small Flutter application that makes HTTP requests using OkHttp bindings created with package:jnigen.

Do you guys have some specific APIs in mind that should be Implemented in this small sample?

Thanks!

Brian Quinlan

Feb 26, 2024, 6:37:11 PMFeb 26
to Yash Garg, dart-gsoc
Hi Yash,

You should try to support enough of the OkHttp API to be able to make HTTP requests. For example, can you modify this example (https://github.com/dart-lang/http/tree/master/pkgs/flutter_http_example), which uses package:cronet_http on Android, to use OkHttp instead? If you can use asynchronous APIs (e.g. https://square.github.io/okhttp/5.x/okhttp/okhttp3/-call/execute-async.html) then that would be even better!

Cheers,
Brian