What to do after completing Sample Project for "Testing Documentation Comments"

Abenezer Belay

Mar 8, 2024, 11:48:15 AMMar 8
to dart-gsoc
Hi,

I have been trying to complete the task since February 25 and I just managed to do these five things listed below 10mins ago and I really really loved the thrill. It was a little painful for a few days but worth it when I finally got it to work and dart. Thank you!

- Create a function that given some Dart code will use package:analyzer to do static analysis of the code and count static errors.
- use package:analyzer to extract documentation comments from source code
- use package:markdown to extract code-snippets from source code comments, and
- run analysis on the extracted source code snippets.
- in-memory without writing files to disk.

I am going to start writing my proposal now. But, If you have next step suggestions, for example, after writing my proposal should I share it with mentors right away? What do I do with the secret gist and can I get a review on it?

Thanks!

Chinmoy Chakraborty

Mar 11, 2024, 12:23:04 AMMar 11
to dart-gsoc
Hey,

Good to know that you've been able to crack it :).

In general, you should share your draft proposal, which includes the link to your secret gist as soon as you can to help you receive comments on what can be improved.

Thanks

Abenezer Belay

Mar 12, 2024, 6:16:04 AMMar 12
to dart-gsoc
Hey,

I have shared the draft on Google Docs using the email in the idea mentor list. The doc name is "[Draft] Abenezer - dart-gsoc 2024"

Thanks,