Query regarding project 'Testing Documentation Comments'

Anikate De

Feb 25, 2024, 3:14:47 PMFeb 25
to dart-gsoc
For the project 'Testing Documentation Comments', the Good Sample Project section mentions "Ideally, all of this could be done, in-memory without writing files to disk."

So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to analyze a String of Dart code. The package analyzer seems to take in only filePaths as an input.

My question is that, is it possible to pass a snippet of code to the analyzer and I'm missing out on something, or "Ideally" here means that functionality will be available later?

I'm very eager to contribute to this project and any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

Jonas Jensen

Mar 4, 2024, 10:51:12 AMMar 4
to Anikate De, dart-gsoc
Hi,

I'm really excited to see that someone finally figured that parts of the sample project isn't trivial :D

There is some documentation for the analyzer here:
https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/tree/main/pkg/analyzer/doc/tutorial
You can also find reference documentation for the API here:
https://pub.dev/documentation/analyzer/latest/

In particular, you might want to notice the file_system library:

Maybe there is an in-memory one? Or maybe that's easy to make? Or maybe there is an overlay? :D

There is a few hints for you there. You can also skim through https://github.com/dart-lang/pana it probably does analysis somewhere, but probably not using an in-memory file system.

--
Regards Jonas Finnemann Jensen.