Where do meteorites come from? We tracked hundreds of fireballs streaking through the sky to find out

Lee

May 18, 2021, 11:42:30 AM5/18/21
to DSgroup
Looks like evidence of the collision with Tiamat and the Ill Wind is still raining down on Earth.

EXCERPT:

"We now know most of these come from the main asteroid belt-—a region between Mars and Jupiter."

Article here:

https://phys.org/news/2021-05-meteorites-tracked-hundreds-fireballs-streaking.html

--Lee

Alan Cornette

May 19, 2021, 8:18:31 AM5/19/21
to Lee, dark-star-planet-x
Oops, I meant to send the last message to the group.  Thanks, Lee.  Al C.

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 7:53 PM Alan Cornette <alanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Funny how the word, "collision" is always mentioned but elaboration on such a term seems to be absent. I'd speculate that almost all asteroids in the "hammered bracelet of heaven" cannot escape the Angular Momentum laws. Something traveling in from space or outside of the asteroid belt is needed to initiate the expelling of objects from their established orbit. Even a small asteroid in its established orbit will not change orbits without some force causing such transfer of energy. Al C.