Exoplanets

Alan Cornette

Apr 13, 2022, 11:32:11 AM4/13/22
to dark-star-planet-x
Interesting that most (maybe) astronomers have such thoughts:  "To my thinking it is inevitable that we'll find someI kind of life somewhere - - - MOST LIKELY OF SOME PRIMITIVE KIND."  My emphasis. It's almost as if their mind-set cannot be changed. Al C.

Andy Lloyd

Apr 14, 2022, 4:20:14 AM4/14/22
to dark-star-planet-x, alanco...@gmail.com
If the conditions are right, life seems to form very easily.  Recent research indicates that primitive life forms appeared on Earth not that long after it was formed.  Were they seeded from space?  Did they arrive here from an ancient interstellar comet - like seeds blown along the interstellar wind?  Or even by the arrival of an ancient rogue planet?

For the study, the researchers examined rocks from Quebec’s Nuvvuagittuq Supracrustal Belt (NSB) that Dr Papineau collected in 2008. The NSB, once a chunk of seafloor, contains some of the oldest sedimentary rocks known on Earth, thought to have been laid down near a system of hydrothermal vents, where cracks on the seafloor let through iron-rich waters heated by magma.

Many thanks,

Andy