Planetologists investigate origin of heavy bombardment of the moon 3.9 billion years ago

Lee

Nov 9, 2021, 11:30:54 AM11/9/21
to DSgroup
The facts are right in front of them:

https://phys.org/news/2021-11-planetologists-heavy-bombardment-moon-billion.html

Andy was quoted in this article (scroll down):

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/hercolobus/esp_hercolobus_26.htm

--Lee

Andy Lloyd

Nov 10, 2021, 4:07:35 AM11/10/21
to DSgroup, zle...@peoplepc.com
So, they're essentially saying that the 3.9 billion year old cluster of impacts (the 'late heavy bombardment') is wrong.  They argue that the previously studied lunar rocks (that suggested that date) came mostly from a single impact basin (presumably ~3.9gyr ago).  This then skewed the stats.

Hmmm.

In one paper, they've dismembered not just that but also the timing of the whole Nice model about gas planet migration within the outer solar system.

Of course, what they do not consider is that Earth migrated inwards at the start of that bombardment cluster, following a serious impact and localised gravitational tussle (i.e. with Nibiru).  The resultant debris stream would then account for the subsequent cluster of impacts with objects with Earth/Moon composition.

Many thanks,

Andy

Nov 10, 2021, 6:10:00 AM11/10/21
to DSgroup, zle...@peoplepc.com, Andy Lloyd
After some more delving, I've put together a piece about this news http://www.andylloyd.org/darkstarblog86.htm

Also, FYI I'm currently moving darkstar1.co.uk over to a new host/server.  It's offline during this transition.  Hopefully I'll have it back in action within a day or so, and will revamp it over the coming months.

Many thanks,

Andy Lloyd