more suppositions about where planet nine is

johnkeeb

Oct 11, 2021, 2:15:03 AM10/11/21
to dark-star...@googlegroups.com

https://phys.org/news/2021-08-planet.html

Weak on facts leading to the conclusion, maybe the source article has more information but I dont have access to the source. Sigh. But, Brown and Batygin are the authors..

Thanks!

John Keebaugh

Andy Lloyd

Oct 11, 2021, 5:22:16 AM10/11/21
to dark-star...@googlegroups.com, john...@ix.netcom.com
Hi John,

That was a useful piece to sum up what they've produced, particularly about how Planet Nine should be closer than they originally thought, yet hasn't been found yet.  (The story of Planet X's life!!)  I daresay they don't imagine any grand conspiracy about this, but there is a serious mismatch between their degree of confidence and certainty about this object, and the fact that it continues to evade detection.

Here's their 2021 research paper (the original source).  I started writing a piece last month about this, and got side-tracked.  I'll try to pick the trail back up.

Many thanks,

Andy