An asteroid barely missed Earth last week, and no one knew it was coming

1 view

Lee

Nov 4, 2021, 10:19:34 AM11/4/21
to DSgroup

Andy Lloyd

Nov 5, 2021, 5:47:24 AM11/5/21
to DSgroup, zle...@peoplepc.com
Was that asteroid the size of an American fridge, or a European fridge?? Could make a big difference...

On another topic:

I've been updating my long-neglected website recently.  Thanks to a recent search Lee did for the Nebra Disc on the Dark Star site I realised that my website has become practically invisible to Google and other search engines.  I'm trying to put that right.

You may already know this better than me, but 'little' websites are disappearing in droves from the Web.  As I check and update links, I'm finding that many of the 'alternative knowledge' sites are simply no longer there.  Articles I read and then linked only a few years ago have no archive and have been lost forever.  Maybe in the rush for researchers to find a voice on social media and YouTube several years ago, they let their websites go?  Or maybe they have been systematically expunged from the Net.

I'm determined not to let that happen to Dark Star.  I'm glad to see Barry's material is still out there, too.  We have a duty to maintain a library online; or else face a loss of our knowledge as the mainstream 'cleans up'.

Many thanks,