20 NEW Discoveries from Karahan Tepe ~11,000-Year-Old Site (2022) | Ancient Architects

Lee

Feb 11, 2022, 1:26:39 PM2/11/22
to DSgroup

Alan Cornette

Feb 11, 2022, 2:44:25 PM2/11/22
to Lee, dark-star-planet-x
Oops, I meant to post my last message to the entire group. Al C.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 2:42 PM Alan Cornette <alanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Very interesting sculpture/rock art. I often put myself in place of primitive people (primitive being relative) staring at these human images. I'm amazed by stone images created today. We look at them as art and even give great accolades and blue ribbons for them. So it appears that the people at Karahan Tepe were into something that enthralled them - the same way we must have felt about photographic images in the birthing days of photography. And, of course, some or most of the images may have a deeper ;meaning. It's similar to me, or many of you, picking up a unique-shaped polished rock from a stream gravel-bar, carrying it home and place it among our flint, arrow-head collection. Basically, what I'm saying is that in some instances carving figures in rock is nothing more than artistic creations produced for the mental enjoyment of our friends and neighbors. I have a friend who sculpts human heads in stone and I can stare at her work amazed at how she can create emotions in her work. Rodan's sculpture, The Thinker, comes to mind. Hey, I'm an artist and think this way. Thanks, Lee. Al C.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 1:26 PM 'Lee' via Dark Star Planet X <dark-star...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
FYI--Lee:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AlternativeHistory/comments/spf3oj/20_new_discoveries_from_karahan_tepe_11000yearold/

Lee

Feb 11, 2022, 4:57:12 PM2/11/22
to Alan Cornette, DSgroup

The odd thing about both Gobleki Tepe and

Karahan Tepe is that these extensive sites were purposely buried and not rediscovered until modern times.  I wonder what the motivation was to use such manpower to bury these sites??--Lee

Alan Cornette

Feb 12, 2022, 7:29:48 AM2/12/22
to Lee, dark-star-planet-x
It had to be a special place and covering it up required a lot of time and labor, which means someone knew enough about astronomical events to save the construction - and as many people as possible.

johnkeeb

Feb 12, 2022, 3:18:17 PM2/12/22
to alanco...@gmail.com, dark-star...@googlegroups.com

I hope the present day excavators took note of stratigraphy information as they dug down, it’s usual behavior on a dig, no? That info might enable one to determine how much of the soil cover was placed backfill and how much was windblown soil deposition, with maybe an occasional flood/stream/spring water deposition here and there. Even if the soil cover was just sand, careful observation of grain gradation patterns would detect the difference between a dumped container placement and windblown and flood layers.

Thanks!

John Keebaugh