Release Notes

Igor Mihalik

Apr 23, 2009, 3:39:57 PM4/23/09
to DAO Fusion
This thread will contain posts regarding new releases

vojtec...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2009, 12:22:05 PM4/24/09
to DAO Fusion
DAO Fusion team is happy to announce the release of DAO Fusion 1.1.1!

This is a bugfix/maintenance release and essentially the last release
of the 1.1.x series. Version 1.2 is planned as the next feature
release that will contain an exciting new feature (among other things)
- bitemporal pattern support. You can read more about this pattern
here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_database

Credit for the original bitemporal pattern implementation for Java/
Hibernate goes to Erwin Vervaet and Christophe Vanfleteren of Ervacon:
https://svn.ervacon.com/public/projects/bitemporal/trunk/readme.txt
https://svn.ervacon.com/public/projects/bitemporal/trunk/license.txt

Their implementation is really fabulous and we would like to
incorporate it into DAO Fusion's persistent entity model. You can read
more about this integration here:
http://groups.google.com/group/dao-fusion/browse_thread/thread/e1ece1641af9c970
Thanks guys.

We would also like to encourage people to post any topics regarding
possible functionality / API changes since now is the right time for
such decisions (e.g. what you would like to see in the next feature
release).

Happy coding,
Vojtech

Vojtech Szocs

Jun 16, 2009, 10:25:28 AM6/16/09
to DAO Fusion
We are happy to announce that DAO Fusion milestone 1 (1.2-m1) is
finally out!

Our first milestone towards 1.2.0 release picked up many issues and
embraced deep review and refactoring. See the changelog for more
information about this milestone:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/changes-report.html

Please note that the reference documentation is still applicable for
1.1.1 with minor enhancements introduced by M1 (anything that breaks
the old API is not included). Complete revision of the reference
documentation is scheduled for M2 - see the updated roadmap for
details:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/roadmap.html

Thanks to everyone who participated in discussions to make DAO Fusion
better. Stay tuned, M2 is on its way.
Vojtech

On Apr 24, 6:22 pm, vojtech.sz...@gmail.com wrote:
> DAO Fusion team is happy to announce the release of DAO Fusion 1.1.1!
>
> This is a bugfix/maintenance release and essentially the last release
> of the 1.1.x series. Version 1.2 is planned as the next feature
> release that will contain an exciting new feature (among other things)
> - bitemporal pattern support. You can read more about this pattern
> here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_database
>
> Credit for the original bitemporal pattern implementation for Java/
> Hibernate goes to Erwin Vervaet and Christophe Vanfleteren of Ervacon:https://svn.ervacon.com/public/projects/bitemporal/trunk/readme.txthttps://svn.ervacon.com/public/projects/bitemporal/trunk/license.txt
>
> Their implementation is really fabulous and we would like to
> incorporate it into DAO Fusion's persistent entity model. You can read
> more about this integration here:http://groups.google.com/group/dao-fusion/browse_thread/thread/e1ece1...

Vojtech Szocs

Jul 21, 2009, 1:25:25 PM7/21/09
to DAO Fusion
Hi guys!

DAO Fusion team has made it to the second milestone release.

M2 features the long-awaited bitemporal classes as well as other minor
improvements. Perhaps the biggest change is the complete revision of
our reference documentation. The docs are now up to date with our
latest changes so feel free to explore what's new and tell us what you
think.

Igor started to work on the Bitemporal reference as well:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/reference/bitemporal-pattern.html

Please note that the reference FAQ is still halfway finished though
and will be done in M3.

Check out our current roadmap at http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/roadmap.html

We expect to deliver M3 in a couple of weeks or so (shouldn't be a big
issue now since the docs have been revised and all the major issues
resolved).

Regards,
Vojtech

On Jun 16, 4:25 pm, Vojtech Szocs <vojtech.sz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are happy to announce that DAO Fusion milestone 1 (1.2-m1) is
> finally out!
>
> Our first milestone towards 1.2.0 release picked up many issues and
> embraced deep review and refactoring. See the changelog for more
> information about this milestone:http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/changes-report.html
>
> Please note that the reference documentation is still applicable for
> 1.1.1 with minor enhancements introduced by M1 (anything that breaks
> the old API is not included). Complete revision of the reference
> documentation is scheduled for M2 - see the updated roadmap for
> details:http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/roadmap.html
>
> Thanks to everyone who participated in discussions to make DAO Fusion
> better. Stay tuned, M2 is on its way.
> Vojtech
>
> On Apr 24, 6:22 pm, vojtech.sz...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > DAO Fusion team is happy to announce the release of DAO Fusion 1.1.1!
>
> > This is a bugfix/maintenance release and essentially the last release
> > of the 1.1.x series. Version 1.2 is planned as the next feature
> > release that will contain an exciting new feature (among other things)
> > - bitemporal pattern support. You can read more about this pattern
> > here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_database
>
> > Credit for the original bitemporal pattern implementation for Java/
> > Hibernate goes to Erwin Vervaet and Christophe Vanfleteren of Ervacon:https://svn.ervacon.com/public/projects/bitemporal/trunk/readme.txtht...

Vojtech Szocs

Sep 14, 2009, 8:11:00 AM9/14/09
to DAO Fusion
DAO Fusion team is happy to announce the release of third and last
milestone towards version 1.2.0.

The bitemporal pattern implementation is now fully integrated with
standard persistent entity model together with proper Javadocs and
reference documentation:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/reference/bitemporal-pattern.html

We think the bitemporal pattern deserves support on Criteria API /
Criteria Transfer Object level as well (including proper integration
tests). This is an issue to be tackled after the final release:
http://code.google.com/p/daofusion/issues/detail?id=11

Besides the bitemporal pattern, a general Maven dependency cleanup was
done to avoid conflicts with transitive dependencies - all external
compile-scoped dependencies are now marked as optional.

We've added some notes regarding unscheduled and experimental features
to our roadmap as well:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/roadmap.html

We will release version 1.2.0 this week along insights into our future
plans.

Regards,
Vojtech

On Jul 21, 7:25 pm, Vojtech Szocs <vojtech.sz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> DAO Fusion team has made it to the second milestone release.
>
> M2 features the long-awaited bitemporal classes as well as other minor
> improvements. Perhaps the biggest change is the complete revision of
> our reference documentation. The docs are now up to date with our
> latest changes so feel free to explore what's new and tell us what you
> think.
>
> Igor started to work on the Bitemporal reference as well:http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/reference/bitemporal-pat...
>
> Please note that the reference FAQ is still halfway finished though
> and will be done in M3.
>
> Check out our current roadmap athttp://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/roadmap.html

Vojtech Szocs

Oct 6, 2009, 10:42:25 AM10/6/09
to DAO Fusion
Hi everybody!

Our milestone journey towards next feature release is finally over -
DAO Fusion 1.2.0 has just been released.

We've managed to do some minor enhancements to M3 as well as
completing the step-by-step "Hello, DAO! tutorial" - give it a try:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/tutorial/hellodao.html

As you might already know, we are considering several unscheduled and
experimental features (along known issues) to be added to future DAO
Fusion releases. In particular, we are currently working "DAO Fusion
meets Flex" sample application and the repository entity concept.
Check out the current roadmap for more information:
http://opensource.anasoft.com/daofusion-site/roadmap.html

On the side note, some people have been asking for live Javadocs so
we've added a new Javadoc section in the site menu.

Our future plans have one thing in common: we would like to post some
technical articles to share our ideas with Java community.

Regards,
Vojtech