TypeError: ppois() got an unexpected keyword argument 'lower_tail'

ly Andy

Apr 20, 2023, 5:19:05 PM4/20/23
to DANPOS
Hi All,

I have an error when I have been running the danpos program. The command:" python3 /home/andy/biosoftware/DANPOS3/danpos.py dpos 29439_Rev2-mono_S18_L999_R_Noalign.sam

The error:

Capture.PNG

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best,
Andy

David Filipovic

May 17, 2023, 2:07:15 AM5/17/23
to DANPOS
Essentially, it seems that the ppois function signature in functions.py was changed to exclude 'lower_tail' and 'log_bool' arguments, however the function calls relying on it in other modules have not.

All you have to do is delete the part where it says 'lower_tail=False, log_bool = True'). This is the default behavior of the new function anyways.

Best,
   David

simon holzinger

May 17, 2023, 7:23:36 AM5/17/23
to DANPOS
Hi Andy,

its exactly as David said.
The bug was unfortunately introduced when changing from R implementations to Python implementations of ppois (improving speed and removing dependancies). Thereby I forgot to change a few lines. I already send a pull request fixing the bug but as I am not maintainer of the repo I can't merge.
The fix is - as David said - to delete the 'lower_tail=False, log_bool = True' from the source code (in reads.py).

best ,
Simon

simon holzinger

May 17, 2023, 8:18:02 AM5/17/23
to DANPOS
The fixed version is available in my current develop branch if you don't want to change the stuff by yourself.
But I work on this branch every now and then so it might not be a stable version at a later time point and I don't guarantee support.

Best wishes,
Simon