DANPOS3 installation problem

Galleria Alternativa

May 20, 2022, 3:58:07 PM5/20/22
to DANPOS
Hello,

I am sorry for such a stupid problem. I am completely new to linux/python. I have a problem with installation of DANPOS3. I downloaded the repository:

git clone https://github.com/sklasfeld/DANPOS3.git

Then:

cd DANPOS3 pip install -r requirements.txt

Until this step everything is fine, I received the information that requirements are already satisfied. Then I set my current working directory to my $PATH variable:

export PATH=$PATH:/home/paulina/DANPOS3

BUT then when I want to test my environment for packages, using the following script:

print_versions.py

I see that the command is not found. I also tried to run DANPOS3 without testing environment, using:

python danpos.py -h

BUT the computer doesn't recognize my command. ANY IDEAS?

I HAVE:

  • Python 3.8.10

  • R version 4.2.0

  • samtools 1.7 using htslib 1.7

  • Python Libraries

    • rpy2 3.3.3

    • argparse 1.1

    • numpy 1.18.5

    • pysam 0.16.0.1

NP

Sep 23, 2022, 10:32:09 AM9/23/22
to DANPOS
Hi,
I'm no pro on this but it could be that you need to specify "python" before "print_versions.py" and provide the full path to print_versions.py and danpos.py
Good luck :)

NP