1 view

jca...@abhonda.com

Feb 12, 2007, 4:43:36 PM2/12/07
to dandiedinmo...@googlegroups.com
i was hoping that someone out there could give me some information and in a
fairly short amount of time. my mother is 81 years old and is looking for a
dandie dinmont terrier. she has had in the past two of these one salt and
pepper and one mustard. they both passed at ripe old ages of around 13 a few
years ago. she had a english setter that passed away three months ago at 15.
she would love to find a dandie that she could have as a companion dog to share
the rest of her life with. my father passed away 2 years ago and she is lonely
of course. she has no dog at this time and lives in a very nice 3 bedroom condo
in somerset kentucky, this after moving from bowling green kentucky to live near
my wife and i and our 3 children. one small predicament we are facing is the
cost of most dandies. she has a rather limited income and we have been trying
to find a rescue dandie, preferably older, house trained and good with visiting
children. female or male either one will do. i have tried a lady with one of the
rescue groups who said she would send me an application which has never come.
any ideas? i would like to find one asap if anyone out there could help. or
what about someone that would be willing to part with one that they could no
longer use as a breeder? we could spend around 500-600 dollars for the right
pet which i know is not a lot in this case but my mother is very important to
me and i would give anything to help her find one could be a companion for
life. my name is jay calvin. please email with any ideas.