Dance Exercise is Great for Families

dwayne wilson

May 11, 2009, 10:11:15 PM5/11/09
to dancejag

I have always believed that fitness starts at home because the lessons
we learn from our family unit are what we often take with us to the
world. More of us are getting over weight especially our kids and it's
about time Dad and Mom lead by example and initiate movement and
exercise within the household.
Exercising needs not to be boring especially for kids. They need and
want fun exercise. Kids are looking for any excuse to move their
bodies and we need to motivate them with music. I often find that
music and fun dance exercises will get kids off the couch and grooving
to exercise. Dance Exercise also increases their brainpower as well
since they are learning and experiencing something new such as
learning new fun dance moves such as the hand jive or the washing
machine.
A family that workouts out together stays together because family
fitness can be so much fun! Kids want nothing else than to share a fun
experience with their parents. When parent and child dance exercise
together the bond of love and friendship is strengthened and it's the
lesson they learn is you can still exercise have fun and spend time
with those you love and this is such a healthy way to relieve stress
and leave all the worries of the world behind you.
The benefits of using dance as exercise is all about the excitement
and fun, but there is no better exercise that can help burn fat, lower
cholesterol, trim the waistline and relieve stress all at the same
time. It's simply the best way to get healthy and fit and have a blast
all at the same time.