Available: GreenMeadow Room at Mitchell Park Library Sunday May 5 1pm to 3pm

bikle101

May 1, 2019, 3:43:19 PM5/1/19
to dan101
Hello World,

I have reserved the GreenMeadow Room at Mitchell Park Library for two hours:

Sunday May 5 1pm to 3pm.

If you want to lead a coding review session at that time, please alert me.

I made the reservation last Sunday.

But, now I know that I am unable to attend.

If you want me to promote your coding session I can do that for you by using my account on Meetup.com:

https://www.meetup.com/cs101A

This will be a great opportunity for you to review Ruby, Python, Rails ...

-Dan

CONSTANTE APILADO JR

May 3, 2019, 1:45:08 PM5/3/19
to bikle101, dan101
May 3, 2019

Hi Dan,
I would like to attend on this date.
Thank you for giving us this opportunity.
Best,
Constante

Constante

Dave Devries

May 3, 2019, 2:41:44 PM5/3/19
to CONSTANTE APILADO JR, bikle101, dan101
Hi Constante, in that case I will attend too. I want to understand the screen-captures that Dan sent
Lets both be there at 1PM sharp so we can get the room.
best,
Dave.

CONSTANTE APILADO JR

May 3, 2019, 6:48:48 PM5/3/19
to Dave Devries, bikle101, dan101

Got it Dave..
See you then Sunday 1 PM..

Juan Calderon

May 4, 2019, 5:22:56 PM5/4/19
to bikle101, dan101
I will attend Sunday meeting. I could not do it today.
Juan

CONSTANTE APILADO JR

Dec 31, 2022, 4:11:03 AM12/31/22
to Juan Calderon, bikle101, dan101
Hi Juan, Dan, and Dave,    How are you? Long time no see...

I am now employed with a State department, Industrial Relations (DIR), and we develop applications for the Apprenticeship and Standards...

When I was receiving benefits, I told my counselors (WORK2FUTURE, SSA, NOVA, DOR, MEDI-CAL, etc) to assist me on apprenticeship to these State departments but they refused, telling me that they do not have access to such thing...

But I was able to see a link from their resources so I applied... I was asking for their recommendation but they refused... it so happen that perhaps DIR need staff during the COVID PANDEMIC, so they contacted me...

I am now working on ORACLE, ADF, SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA, XML, SOA, BPM, JIRA, AGILE ...

Remember? I have 16 years of employment gap, I did not have formal employment on JAVA (all was COBOL that I knew), and now here I am, doing JAVA...

Now I know, why locals are having difficulties learning the new technologies... it is because of this AGILE, JIRA, and the DragClick framework thing...

they are saying that AGILE is "no documentation, no specifications, all verbal" ...
and the new technologies are mere DRAGandCLICK framework, that can be done by high school who have good photographic mind...
and our graduates learned coding (logic) framework...
so if our locals are good in logic but are not so good in DragClick then they can be easily shamed by a high school graduate colleague who have good photographic mind with weak logic, so our university graduates can be easily ditched, get frustrated, quit, and be Youtubers ... so the H1B circle are happy as there are no available locals to hire...
but I am doing my workaround to protect myself...

i remember when I asked you why did you quit formal employment and went freelance instead ...
both of you answered me that tech departments are nasty... yes because all they want are H1Bs...
the VENDORS are those that hire H1Bs the most... so if tech departments have no locals to hire, they can opt to hire contractual H1B consultants from the VENDORs, right?
but came the COVID, no H1Bs, so i got hired .. :))

now actually i am being scolded everyday, telling me that i work "slow", despite they knew that i have 16 years of employment gap, and no formal experience in JAVA ...
so if i get frustrated i quit... right? .. so they can opt for H1B, right? ...
why? because the software tools they let me use are cumbersome...
my workspace are being injected with unknown files... my workspaces is not in SYNC with their workspaces..
my workspace is "bloated"... i asked them why - THEY CANNOT ANSWER ME...

what i did, i write all of my erratic experiences to the RTC/JAZZ and to JIRA so the management can read it...
thanks Dave, I remember what you told us, that you got ditched by JIRA... did i hear that right from you (i remember i was with Juan when you lectured us about your bad experience on JIRA) ?
so i used JIRA and RTC to expose the cumbersome tools they let me use...
i told them, i don't experience such errors on legacy systems...

i told them : AI is improving exponentially... NEURAL NETWORKS can replicate in vast numbers at the speed of light, and they work DAY AND NIGHT, 24/7, RAIN OR SHINE...  then why are the tools like this???
why are the VENDORS not sharing AI based tools???

in JIRA, they cling the business/users with the developer...
my tech lead only give me verbal specifications (no documentation)...
so when the application fails, the business/users can directly blame me via JIRA, and my tech lead is free of blame...
so the management can think i am incompetent, so i can be easily ditched...

but i use JIRA and RTC to expose that all those erratic codes were instructed by my tech leads (one of my tech leads quit to work with me, playing so sensitive, making me appear that i am a person hard to work with, because i exposed him suggesting errors verbally, it so happen i have a document from the user as proof) ...
i use JIRA to expose all my good suggestions to the team (suggestions that i don't hear from my colleagues) ( for example, i was suggesting to synchronize the business logic on loosely coupled applications ( ADF calls RDF), or use PL/SQL (in the DB server) as common code accessible to both ADF and RDF ) ...

Juan, how about you? did you find a tech job already?
keep applying... as i told you before, go into apprenticeship... approach WORK2FUTURE, NOVA, counselors, and tell them my story... 'hope that will work... keep challenging them as i've been telling you before ...  :)  please extend my regards to your wife (my once colleague at the Social Services Agency) ... thanks ...

till next time...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL !!!