Tim, yes I am.
Here is what I've learned so far about Google Groups:
- The web site looks more like a discussion board than an e-mail list.
- Going to www.damondnollan.com and clicking on the "Community" tab takes visitors to my "Group/Discussion Board."
- Members maintain control over when they receive e-mails regarding new discussions. If users choose to NOT to receive e-mail, they can subscribe to a particular topic in the discussion board and receive notifications for ONLY that topic.
- The editor now allows for images and WYSIWYG controls.
- Users who wish to use e-mail can send messages to the group via email. It sends out to all users AND it posts on the web site.
- Users can follow the discussion from their mobile phones as well.
How does all that sound?
Personally, I'm excited because I can continue building that community around the content. Consider adding one for your site or your wife's site for on-going engagement.