Lil’ Son Chronicles ~ The Divine Detour @ Sandy Cove (Part 1)

Vincent Davis

Oct 25, 2010, 9:04:56 AM10/25/10

Inspiration:  Men’s Retreat at Sandy Cove…

Imagination a place of serenity.  A place where you, for a time, forget all about your responsibilities to the world.  A place where God meets you.  A place in where you can truly experience God.

This weekend I had the unique opportunity to spend 3 days with my Brothers in Christ from the Life Center Church at Sandy Cove in North East, MD.  I think the best way to sum it all up is wow.  The transparency, the testimonies, the worship, the fellowship… the REFLECTION ON THE CHESAPEAKE BAY… CAN WE SAY DA BIZNESS!

And so…

Father God:

How many ways can I express my gratitude?  Thank You for this continuous journey.  When you allow us to experience You in this matter, it humbles me even more to have an appreciation for every trial.  Because each trial has prepared me for such a time and more.  Father, I thank YOU for my Brothers in You.  God you allow me to have a Brotherhood in fraternal bond with Kappa Alpha Psi.  But to share a spiritual and holy bond with my Brothers from the Life Center… I thank You God.  I thank You for the realness… no airs… nothing fake… just realness.  I thank You God for how each man from the Life Center has deposited in my life… and I’m grateful that You’d use me for such a task to encourage.  Lord, I thank You for the reminder that this is a process.  A process; while challenging, will bring forth prosperity in You.  Father God, thank You for restoration… Use us to be a blessing as You have blessed us.  As we obey You and serve others, we will be blessed.  I thank You God for a humble heart.  God, You know what each man stands in need of.  As they made an investment into someone else, God please continue to pour Your power within us.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

There truly is something amazing when men can get together in the name of Jesus Christ and fellowship, praise, worship… laugh, cry… encourage one another… help to rebuild one another.  I said to each man that reads this… You are mighty in the name of Jesus.  God loves you and so do I.  The enemy desires to strip you of your Godly manhood; right now I rebuke the enemy in the Name of Jesus.  Satan, because you did not create us, you cannot have authority us.  We are God’s sons… He loves us the most… and He calls us out and sets us apart for all that He desires… Satan in this past weekend you lost once again to the mighty power of God.

To my Brothers from the Life Center… I salute each of you.  Let this weekend serve as a jump start/new level in our Brotherhood… in our relationship with Christ.  Let us continue to support and encourage one another and be the best that God calls us.

P.S. There’s more writing to come based on this past weekend… so much that God showed us all… I can’t put in one entry… lol.

--
Vincent A. Davis, Jr. (http://04davis81.blogspot.com/)
Wanna stay connected?