Contact this reporter?

Laura K

Jan 11, 2011, 4:49:14 PM1/11/11
to Grease Rag Mpls, mgctw_...@googlegroups.com, damesonframes, gsc...@mnpubs.com
Like anything... needs a WTF perspective.

Hey gang,

Gregory J. Scott here, staff writer over at the Downtown/Northeast Journal (http://www.thejournalmpls.com).

I'm working on a news feature on winter bike commuting in the wake of December's record snowfall/parking restriction anarchy. It's been unusually harrowing driving out there on plow-narrowed streets. Bike commutes must be downright treacherous. Here downtown at least, most of the green-stripe bike lanes have disappeared beneath cleared snow.

Anyway, I wanted to reach out to the bike community to ask just how bad it really is out there, if it's worse than years past, and what strategies you use to cope.

I'd like to hear from messengers and those that ride to work downtown, but also from anyone who simply likes or is forced by circumstances to bike out in the cold. I noticed someone had recently proposed a photography project on the subject, and I was hoping that some of those participants might like to weigh in.

Drop me a line if you'd like to talk: gscott -at- mnpubs -dot- com

Thanks!