Help teach adults to ride bikes in the Twin Cities?

Claire Stoscheck

Jun 1, 2011, 1:34:57 PM6/1/11
to dameso...@googlegroups.com, grease...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dames and Grease Raggers, and awesome biking people!

Do you enjoy teaching people how to ride bikes, especially adults?

Sibley Bike Depot's Community Partners Bike Library is looking for some volunteers for our "Cycling 101 (Learn-to-Ride) and Cycling in Traffic" workshops! They will be held:

Thursday June 16th 5:30-7pm in St. Paul, Sibley Bike Depot, 712 University Ave

Thursday June 23rd, 5:30-7pm in Minneapolis, Seward Bike Center, 2310 Snelling Ave

These classes are FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. We will have 2 levels--- #1 (Cycling 101) for folks still learning to balance and pedal, and #2 (riding in traffic) for folks learning to ride in the street with car traffic. The classes will mostly have participants who are borrowing a bike from the Bike Library--including many adult immigrant women who are learning to ride.

I am reaching out to you awesome bikers for support! We could really use your skills, expertise and support! Please email me or call if you can help out either or both days... 607 351 3831, cla...@sibleybikedepot.org

Also, Cynthia McArthur and I were talking about maybe creating a network of cyclists who have the skills to and like to facilitate experiential Learn-to-Ride classes--- it seems that more and more learn-to-ride classes are popping up around the Twin Cities, which is awesome! As you know, for these classes to be successful you need a high instructor-to-learner ratio, and I think we could all help each other out at each others classes, by creating a network that could be mobilized when events/classes come up. What do folks think?

Thanks so much ya'll---rock on!!! Hope to see you soon!

-Claire-