Minneapolis Presents Calendar Release PARTY Fri 11/12

Laura K

Nov 11, 2010, 11:48:10 AM11/11/10
I wanted to send out one last reminder about the Minneapolis Presents calendar release party that is benefiting Grease Rag Ride & Wrench:

Friday, November 12
8 PM-11 PM
One on One Coffee and Bike Studio
117 Washington Avenue N, Minneapolis

I'm super excited about this!!  I hope that I see some of you at One on One, and I reallllly hope that I see some calendars hanging on walls over the next year and a half. =]

What?  Who?  Why?  Where/ When?!

ALLLL the juicy details are on the Grease Rag blog, and you can also RSVP on the Facebook page.  But to summarize...

What?
This is a party to celebrate the release of the Minneapolis Presents calendar.  The calendar features local women involved in the cycling community here in Minneapolis.  All of the proceeds will benefit the Grease Rag Ride & Wrench, a local group offering free shop time and events for women/ trans/ femme (WTF) cyclists.

Calendars will be available at the part for $15, cash or check.  There will be FREE BEER, music by a local WTF DJ Loveless Aphrodite, and other fun stuff.

Who?
Minneapolis Presents
We are a group of four local female cyclists, and we are excited to announce a project we developed to support programs that encourage and facilitate women’s cycling.  Our project, Minneapolis Presents, is a 14-month calendar featuring local women who are active in various cycling-themed events and projects in the Twin Cities, with proceeds to benefit Grease Rag, a bi-weekly group ride and open workshop targeting female cyclists.
Grease Rag Ride & Wrench
Grease Rag’s mission is to encourage and empower women/ trans/ femme (WTF) cyclists in a collaborative and fun learning environment through rides, discussions, shop nights and educational seminars in a safer space.

Why?
Grease Rag is a group of passionate volunteers that would like to get more people riding their bikes, especially WTF cyclists.  Sunrise Cyclery currently donates everything that Grease Rag uses.  It would be nice to be able to pay for our own photocopies and to have some money to fund more events and programs- you can support us by buying a calendar!  It's a win-win.  You get a calendar full of proud, local, beautiful WTFs, we get some cash to help spread the word about what we are doing.

Where/ when?
Friday, November 12
8 PM-11 PM
One on One Coffee and Bike Studio
117 Washington Avenue N, Minneapolis

Buy a calendar!!
In addition to being available at the party this Friday, calendars are available online.  If you buy online you have to pay shipping, so if you live in town why wouldn't you support a local bike shop?  As you know- Sunrise Cyclery is our sponsor and Grease Rag would not exist without their generous donations of space, time, expertise, and friendship.  Please consider buying a calendar from Sunrise Cyclery, located at Bryant Ave. and Lake St. in Uptown.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me, or ask me in person at the party!

Keep the rubber side down!

Laura Kling
Grease Rag Ride & Wrench
www.greaseragmpls.wordpress.com