Premier of WTF bike film Thursday, plus other events!

Laila Davis

Jul 19, 2011, 2:16:27 PM7/19/11
to twinciti...@googlegroups.com, dameso...@googlegroups.com
Hello bicycle feminists,

The film that Alicia and I made, Dudey-Free Zone: Womens and Transgender Bike Spaces, will be premiering at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts this Thursday at 8:15pm, as part of the Bicycle Film Festival. It features many local folks, so I hope you can come see it. That's the free night of the BFF, and I heard it was packed last year, so you may want to come early. Grease Rag is joining the ride to the MIA from Gold Medal Park at 5pm, so you could head over that way.

For more info about the film (and to help add resources to the website!), visit:

http://dudeyfreezone.wordpress.com/

We're trying to plan a small after party for friends and supporters at 9:30pm on Thursday. Stay tuned for location.

And finally, remember that action we planned for the One-on-One after party last year with the green-and-white ribbons? Well, I'd like to actually do it this year! The after party is on Saturday the 23rd at One-n-One.

A rough draft of the flyer is attached, I had to remake it because I couldn't find the old one. Please edit as you see fit, and if anyone could put it back in the template so it's a quarter-sheet with the calendar of events on the back (taking out Grease Pit W/T night, I don't think it's happening anymore), that would be awesome.

Hope to see you Thursday and Saturday!

Laila

wtfbikeflyer.doc

Claire Stoscheck

Jul 22, 2011, 12:23:49 PM7/22/11
to laila...@gmail.com, ali...@sibleybikedepot.org, dameso...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to Laila and Alicia on a job well done--- the film is amazing and the reaction last night at the Bike Film Festival was inspired and super positive. Thanks for the hard work you both did in making this and spreading the messages to an ever wider audience!!!! If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you do soon!
-CS

Laila Davis

Jul 22, 2011, 5:03:15 PM7/22/11
to Claire Stoscheck, ali...@sibleybikedepot.org, dameso...@googlegroups.com, twinciti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Claire!

And good news! Though the film was cut short last night (by 2 minutes, due to the museum closing), it will be showing again in Program 5 of the festival, which will be at 5pm this Saturday, July 23rd, at St. Anthony Main movie theater. So if you weren't able to get into the auditorium to see it last night, or you want to see the ending, come see it on Saturday. The cost is $8.00. For more info, check out the BFF website: http://www.bicyclefilmfestival.com/minneapolis. Although it's not listed yet as part of Program 5, it should be showing.

Also, I'm second-thoughting the green-and-white ribbons action a the One-on-One afterparty Saturday. Is anyone else interested in doing it?

Laila