DalekJS with Jenkins

Janitha Tennakoon

Aug 28, 2014, 11:24:43 PM8/28/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way where we can  DalekJS tests automated with Jenkins?? I tried with Execute Windows Batch Command option but I am keep getting the error that ''dalek' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.' error. I cannot find any PATH configurations to resolve this error!!

Mark Holstein

Aug 29, 2014, 2:36:01 AM8/29/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
I have with one user dalek installed and than set the path to the installation in the batch file:

Path to npm (don't know if it is needed), nodejs and the modules of dalekjs:

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Users\administrator\Anwendungsdaten\npm;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;E:\node_modules

Am 29.08.2014 um 05:24 schrieb Janitha Tennakoon:
Is there a way where we can  DalekJS tests automated with Jenkins?? I tried with Execute Windows Batch Command option but I am keep getting the error that ''dalek' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.' error. I cannot find any PATH configurations to resolve this error!!

asciidisco

Aug 31, 2014, 10:53:13 AM8/31/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Another possibility would be using the NodeJS Jenkins Plugin (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/NodeJS+Plugin), provides global Modules & NodeJS installs
for every project. I use it to run dalek on Jenkins (although it is on an Ubuntu system) without problems.

Cheers
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dalekjs+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Zk W

Dec 5, 2014, 7:28:09 PM12/5/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

We're running with Hudson Windows Batch build step and we're running into same issue.
We installed nodejs binaries on our Windows Server 2008.
We got the same error where dalek command isnt found.
Do you have more details on how you make it work ?

Thanks

Zk W

Dec 5, 2014, 9:47:06 PM12/5/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian

Could you provide us more details on how you configure your job to run your tool ?
We have installed the plugin but we're getting error :

CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid win32 application.

asciidisco

Dec 7, 2014, 8:13:40 AM12/7/14
to dal...@googlegroups.com
It is more or less, having the NodeJS plugin installed, added dalekjs as a global dependency in the plugins configuration, and then activated the checkbox for having
the node env variables loaded in the shell of Jenkins. I have no clue about running CI systems on Windows servers, I´m afraid.
Not sure if the NodeJS plugin works there, all I can tell is, that DalekJS itself works there.