Some help with Dasiy Pipeline and TTS

Greg Kearney

Apr 25, 2019, 4:56:02 PM4/25/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
So I am trying to get TTS to work with Daisy Pipeline 2 on MacOS.

Here is my Text-to-speech Configuration file:

say.xml
system.properties
tts-log.xml

Bert Frees

Apr 26, 2019, 4:03:30 AM4/26/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Could you also send the daisy-pipeline-gui.log file?

Op do 25 apr. 2019 om 22:56 schreef Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com>:
So I am trying to get TTS to work with Daisy Pipeline 2 on MacOS.

Here is my Text-to-speech Configuration file:

Here is my system.properties file:

Each time I run a book with Pipeline 2 I get the following tts-log:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Greg Kearney

Apr 26, 2019, 9:25:51 AM4/26/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Where would I find that log file?

Greg

Bert Frees

Apr 29, 2019, 6:26:53 AM4/29/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
I assumed you knew, because you sent that file before. But I just noticed that version 1.12.0 (MacOS) of Pipeline does not produce any logs anymore. To fix this, you need to change two lines in your system.properties:

logback.configurationFile=file:${org.daisy.pipeline.home}/etc/config-logback.xml
org.daisy.pipeline.logdir=${org.daisy.pipeline.data}/log

The "job specific" log files should now end up in DAISY Pipeline 2/Contents/Java/data/jobs/JOBID/JOBID.log and the general log file in DAISY Pipeline 2/Contents/Java/data/log/daisy-pipeline-gui.log.

Bert Frees

Apr 29, 2019, 6:48:58 AM4/29/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
You should also change the following line, although I don't think that it is going to fix the TTS issue:

org.daisy.pipeline.tts.config=${org.daisy.pipeline.home}/etc/tts-default-config.xml

Can you try adding a "voice" entry that matches the language tag "en" (without the "US" part) to "Alex"? Like this:

<voice engine="osx-speech" name="Alex" lang="en" gender="male-adult" priority="5"/>

My guess is that "en" is not recognized as a known voice. Also the list of voices that we parse from the "say -v ?" command does not contain entries for language "en", only "en-US". This issue should be dealt with when we address https://github.com/daisy/pipeline-mod-tts/issues/49.

Greg Kearney

Apr 29, 2019, 8:56:55 AM4/29/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
I have made all the changes you suggested here are the log files and configurations:

6956de82-38cd-482e-aa6c-ebf71d71db54.log
daisy-pipeline-gui.log
org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
org.apache.felix.fileinstall-modules.cfg
system.properties
tts-default-config.xml

Bert Frees

Apr 30, 2019, 6:32:11 AM4/30/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

It appears the "en" entry isn't needed after all. The system automatically falls back to "en-US". But I have discovered an issue that prevents the tts-default-config.xml configuration from being found when the path has spaces in it. So can you either try renaming the application bundle from "DAISY Pipeline 2" to e.g. "DP2", or use the say.xml configuration file again like you did initially. In either case, I'd like to have the job log again, as well as the tts-log.xml file.

Bert

Op ma 29 apr. 2019 om 14:56 schreef Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com>:
I have made all the changes you suggested here are the log files and configurations:

Greg

Greg Kearney

Apr 30, 2019, 9:17:59 AM4/30/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Still no luck. I renamed the application bundle to DAISY_Pipeline_2 and ran the file. Here enclosed are the resulting logs as well as the source XML file of the book.

daisy-pipeline-gui.log
org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
org.apache.felix.fileinstall-modules.cfg
system.properties
tts-default-config.xml
The_Daughter_of_Time__Inspec.xml
2768aedb-1922-43a7-a654-ce3c0ca08360.log

Bert Frees

May 8, 2019, 12:36:27 PM5/8/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
There appears to be another issue with loading the tts-default-config.xml file. You can work around this for now by changing the system.properties to:

    org.daisy.pipeline.tts.config=/absolute/path/to/your/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/etc/tts-default-config.xml

(make sure there are no spaces in this path)

However, as I said before, I don't think this is the real issue. If you specify your "say.xml" file in the "TTS configuration" option field, like you did the first time, it should work. At least it does for me.

Can you please try it again, either with the workaround above, or by passing the say.xml file (or both, just to be sure)? I'd like to have the job log file and the tts-log.xml file (last time you forgot the latter).

Bert