Pipeline 2 v1.11 released

Romain

Apr 3, 2018, 5:13:16 AM4/3/18
to Romain Deltour
Dear all,

Version 1.11 of the DAISY Pipeline 2 project is now available for download. The following alternative packages are proposed:

-for Windows users (exe file, 72.5 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.11.0/pipeline2-1.11.0_windows.exe
- for Mac OS X users (dmg file, 107 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.11.0/pipeline2-1.11.0_mac.dmg
- for Linux users (zip file, 48.1 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.11.0/pipeline2-1.11.0_linux.zip
- for Linux users (debian package, 43.3 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.11.0/pipeline2-1.11.0_debian.deb

All distributions include the new graphical user interface (GUI), all the conversion scripts, and a native command line tool (CLI).

This releases introduces a couple new conversion scripts: at DTBook to ODT (OpenDocument Text) script, a DTBook to RTF (Rich Text Format) script, as well as an EPUB 3 enhancer script for adding a braille rendition to an EPUB.

It also improves the accessibility of the Graphical User Interface (GUI), and improves troubleshooting for launch issues on Windows.

For more information and details about the other bug fixes and improvements, please refer to the full release notes:
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/tag/v1.11.0

User documentation is available on the project’s web site:
http://daisy.github.io/pipeline/

If you have any problems or identify some bugs, please report them to the Pipeline team using our issue tracker on GitHub:
https://github.com/daisy/pipeline/issues

As usual, feedback is warmly welcome!

Bert and Romain, for the Pipeline team.

Greg Kearney

Apr 3, 2018, 9:31:58 AM4/3/18
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks

One conversion that would be a big help would be ODT and HTML to DTBook

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Kearney

Bert Frees

Apr 4, 2018, 6:21:06 AM4/4/18
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

OK, thanks for the request. We will consider it.

Kind regards,
Bert

Greg Kearney

Apr 4, 2018, 7:42:21 AM4/4/18
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
The reason for asking for this is that such a conversion is critical for building books from standard source text.

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Kearney

Daniel Weck

Apr 4, 2018, 1:53:46 PM4/4/18
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Romain Deltour
Hello Romain, on my Windows 10 computer, the Pipeline2 GUI icon in the start menu points to a VBS file, which ; on my machine ; does not have a default file extension association that would allow me to launch the app. Do you have any recommendation? Thanks! Daniel

Daniel Weck

Apr 4, 2018, 1:55:36 PM4/4/18
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Romain Deltour
Follow-up, I should have pointed out that I took a look at the documentation :)
http://daisy.github.io/pipeline/Get-Help/User-Guide/Desktop-Application/DAISY-Pipeline-2-User-Guide/
Thanks!
Dan

Romain

Apr 4, 2018, 4:28:46 PM4/4/18
to Daniel Weck, daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
The default file association for VBS scripts must have been overridden on your machine.

You could try restoring that with the methods proposed there on StackOverflow:

Hope this helps,
Romain.