Pipeline 2 v1.10-beta1 released

Romain

Sep 19, 2016, 3:44:31 AM9/19/16
to Pipeline Developers, Technical Developments Discussion List, Training & Technical Support, mem...@daisy.org
Dear all,

Version 1.10-beta1 of the DAISY Pipeline 2 project is now available for download. The following alternative packages are proposed:

- for Windows users (exe file, 63.57 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.10-beta1/pipeline2-1.10-beta1_windows.exe
- for Mac OS X users (dmg file, 116.11 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.10-beta1/pipeline2-1.10-beta1_mac.dmg
- for Linux users (zip file, 47.23 MB):
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.10-beta1/pipeline2-1.10-beta1_linux.zip

All distributions include a graphical user interface (GUI), all the conversion scripts, and a native command line tool (CLI).

**This is a beta release**

Please keep in mind that this is a beta release, with some known rough edges. Its primary purpose is to deploy a first version of the new GUI, as well as some new scripts.
We intent to iron out the kinks in the coming weeks; there may be some follow-up beta releases before the final release.

For details, please refer to the full release notes on GitHub:
https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/tag/v1.9

Also, the Pipeline team would appreciate if you can find the time to respond to the following survey and help us prioritize the project deliverables for next year:
https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3042970/Pipeline-Survey-September-2016

As usual, feedback is warmly welcome! Feel free to file issues to our issue tracker:
https://github.com/daisy/pipeline/issues

Best,
Romain.

Greg Kearney

Sep 19, 2016, 11:02:16 AM9/19/16
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
This is a BIG improvement GUI wise over previous versions. Here are a few things I found right away:

Still waiting for the TTS Narrator script. This is what I do most often in Pipeline.

The DTBook to PEF screen seems to be missing critical controls such as where to put the PEF file:

Daniel Weck

Sep 19, 2016, 2:15:03 PM9/19/16
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
My DTBOOK to PEF script configuration screen looks fine (see attached screenshot). That's on Windows 10, by the way.
/Daniel

Greg Kearney

Sep 19, 2016, 2:28:11 PM9/19/16
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
My image is from the Mac Version and has nothing other than the field for the DTBook XML file.

Greg
> On Sep 19, 2016, at 1:14 PM, Daniel Weck <danie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My DTBOOK to PEF script configuration screen looks fine (see attached screenshot). That's on Windows 10, by the way.
> /Daniel
>
> <Pipeline2_DTBOOK_PEF.png>
>

> On 19 September 2016 at 16:02, Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a BIG improvement GUI wise over previous versions. Here are a few things I found right away:
>
> Still waiting for the TTS Narrator script. This is what I do most often in Pipeline.
>
> The DTBook to PEF screen seems to be missing critical controls such as where to put the PEF file:
>
> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>
>> On Sep 19, 2016, at 2:44 AM, Romain <rdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Version 1.10-beta1 of the DAISY Pipeline 2 project is now available for download. The following alternative packages are proposed:
>>
>> - for Windows users (exe file, 63.57 MB):
>> https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.10-beta1/pipeline2-1.10-beta1_windows.exe
>> - for Mac OS X users (dmg file, 116.11 MB):
>> https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.10-beta1/pipeline2-1.10-beta1_mac.dmg
>> - for Linux users (zip file, 47.23 MB):
>> https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/download/v1.10-beta1/pipeline2-1.10-beta1_linux.zip
>>
>> All distributions include a graphical user interface (GUI), all the conversion scripts, and a native command line tool (CLI).
>>
>> **This is a beta release**
>>
>> Please keep in mind that this is a beta release, with some known rough edges. Its primary purpose is to deploy a first version of the new GUI, as well as some new scripts.
>> We intent to iron out the kinks in the coming weeks; there may be some follow-up beta releases before the final release.
>>
>> For details, please refer to the full release notes on GitHub:
>> https://github.com/daisy-consortium/pipeline-assembly/releases/tag/v1.9
>>

>> Also, the Pipeline team would appreciate if you can find the time to respond to the following survey and help us prioritize the project deliverables for next year:
>> https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3042970/Pipeline-Survey-September-2016
>>

>> As usual, feedback is warmly welcome! Feel free to file issues to our issue tracker:
>> https://github.com/daisy/pipeline/issues
>>

>> Best,
>> Romain.

Romain

Sep 24, 2016, 3:26:26 PM9/24/16
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Dear Greg,

Some of us could reproduce the issue, we'll have to further investigate.

Point noted about the Narrator script (I hope you mentioned it in your answer to the Pipeline survey?).

Best,
Romain.

Greg Kearney

Sep 24, 2016, 5:33:38 PM9/24/16
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
I did mention it in the servey

Sent from my iPhone

Greg Kearney
Commonwealth Braille and Talking Book Cooperative