Error in making DAISY 3 book

Greg Kearney

Sep 20, 2019, 10:02:27 PM9/20/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
OK So I get all my files validated. I run the ETBook to DAISY 3 srcipt everything look to be in order, the recording are made and so on and then I get the message: Other versions than DTBook-2005 are not supported.

Here's the log file, This is on a Mac.

0d565ef7-bdd7-4fcd-9960-ea3a497cf7e6.log

Bert Frees

Sep 23, 2019, 6:20:03 AM9/23/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Greg,

Basically the issue is what the error message says: the script currently doesn't do an automatic upgrade of the DTBook if it is version 1.1.0. It checks that the "version" attribute on the "dtbook" root element starts with "2005". If it doesn't it aborts the conversion. The idea is of course that this check happens at the start of the conversion, but due to a bug in the code it only happens at the end. We have some code to upgrade from 1.1.0 to 2005, but it is not applied to this conversion. It should be pretty straightforward to implement.

Does that explain your question?

Kind regards,
Bert

Greg Kearney

Sep 23, 2019, 9:10:51 AM9/23/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
So does this work at all? Here is my DTBook file:

QBrailleXL.xml

Bert Frees

Sep 23, 2019, 10:48:11 AM9/23/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
The script expects a namespace declaration. If you add xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/dtbook/" to the dtbook element it should work.

Op ma 23 sep. 2019 om 15:10 schreef Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com>:
So does this work at all? Here is my DTBook file:

Greg Kearney

Sep 23, 2019, 11:02:41 AM9/23/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Ok got it.