Installing Nordic EPUB3/DTBook Migrator on Pipeline2 MacOS

Greg Kearney

Jun 7, 2019, 3:31:54 PM6/7/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
I am running into difficulty in getting the Nordic EPUB3/DTBook Migrator to install on MacOS. The updater both from the GUI as well as the command line seems not to be working. I get the followning:

Greg:~ gkearney$ /Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/updater/pipeline-updater     -service="http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases"     -install-dir="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/"     -descriptor="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/etc/releaseDescriptor.xml"     -version=current
[ERROR] Get http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases/current: dial tcp: i/o timeout
fatal error: unexpected signal during runtime execution
[signal 0xb code=0x1 addr=0x724d2e60 pc=0x1615c]

On the GUI I see this:

Any ideas how to get this package install. Should it not be in Pipeline 2 be default as it would seem to provide several means of generating DTBook XML files.

Thanks

Greg

Bert Frees

Jun 10, 2019, 8:12:31 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Hi Greg,

I followed the instructions on the http://nlbdev.github.io/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator website and I'm getting the same error. I'm not sure what the issue is but building a new version of the updater CLI seems to have fixed it for me.

Run it with the "-force" option, because it will otherwise refuse to update to a version lower than 1.12.0 (1.4).

I'm currently working on a new version of the DTBook to EPUB 3 script, which will be largely based on the Nordic DTBook to EPUB 3. The reverse transformation, EPUB 3 to DTBook, is currently not part of the plan however.

Bert

Greg Kearney

Jun 10, 2019, 8:30:17 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Thank you that worked but I now get other errors back when I attempt to install. The output is long so I have included it here: This is the command I am running:

/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/updater/pipeline-updater -force -service http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases/ -install-dir="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/" -descriptor="/Applications/DAISY Pipeline 2.app/Contents/Java/etc/releaseDescriptor.xml" -version=current

Here is the output:

output.txt

Greg Kearney

Jun 10, 2019, 8:31:33 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Thank you.

One of the critical needs that I see are methods of generating DTBook XML files from other sources. This is a critical step in the production os synthetic recorded books as most of the source text is not in DTBook yet that is ultimately what is required to get books out of Pipeline.

Greg

> On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:12 AM, Bert Frees <bert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> I followed the instructions on the http://nlbdev.github.io/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator website and I'm getting the same error. I'm not sure what the issue is but building a new version of the updater CLI seems to have fixed it for me.
>
> You can download this new version from https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/daisy/pipeline/updater/1.0.2-SNAPSHOT/updater-1.0.2-20190610.121038-1-darwin_amd64.zip.
>
> Run it with the "-force" option, because it will otherwise refuse to update to a version lower than 1.12.0 (1.4).
>
> I'm currently working on a new version of the DTBook to EPUB 3 script, which will be largely based on the Nordic DTBook to EPUB 3. The reverse transformation, EPUB 3 to DTBook, is currently not part of the plan however.
>
> Bert
>

> Op vr 7 jun. 2019 om 21:31 schreef Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com>:
> I am running into difficulty in getting the Nordic EPUB3/DTBook Migrator to install on MacOS. The updater both from the GUI as well as the command line seems not to be working. I get the followning:
>
> Greg:~ gkearney$ /Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/updater/pipeline-updater -service="http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases" -install-dir="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/" -descriptor="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/etc/releaseDescriptor.xml" -version=current
> [ERROR] Get http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases/current: dial tcp: i/o timeout
> fatal error: unexpected signal during runtime execution
> [signal 0xb code=0x1 addr=0x724d2e60 pc=0x1615c]
>

> On the GUI I see this:
>
> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>
> Any ideas how to get this package install. Should it not be in Pipeline 2 be default as it would seem to provide several means of generating DTBook XML files.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

Bert Frees

Jun 10, 2019, 8:37:40 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
Strange, I'm not getting that error. But I'll look into it.

In the meantime, maybe Jostein has an alternative way to install it?

Op ma 10 jun. 2019 om 14:30 schreef Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com>:
Thank you that worked but I now get other errors back when I attempt to install. The output is long so I have included it here: This is the command I am running:

/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/updater/pipeline-updater -force -service http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases/ -install-dir="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/" -descriptor="/Applications/DAISY Pipeline 2.app/Contents/Java/etc/releaseDescriptor.xml" -version=current

Here is the output:

Any suggestions?

Greg

> On Jun 10, 2019, at 7:12 AM, Bert Frees <bert...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> I followed the instructions on the http://nlbdev.github.io/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator website and I'm getting the same error. I'm not sure what the issue is but building a new version of the updater CLI seems to have fixed it for me.
>
> You can download this new version from https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/daisy/pipeline/updater/1.0.2-SNAPSHOT/updater-1.0.2-20190610.121038-1-darwin_amd64.zip.
>
> Run it with the "-force" option, because it will otherwise refuse to update to a version lower than 1.12.0 (1.4).
>
> I'm currently working on a new version of the DTBook to EPUB 3 script, which will be largely based on the Nordic DTBook to EPUB 3. The reverse transformation, EPUB 3 to DTBook, is currently not part of the plan however.
>
> Bert
>

> Op vr 7 jun. 2019 om 21:31 schreef Greg Kearney <gkea...@gmail.com>:
> I am running into difficulty in getting the Nordic EPUB3/DTBook Migrator to install on MacOS. The updater both from the GUI as well as the command line seems not to be working. I get the followning:
>
> Greg:~ gkearney$ /Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/updater/pipeline-updater     -service="http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases"     -install-dir="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/"     -descriptor="/Applications/DAISY_Pipeline_2.app/Contents/Java/etc/releaseDescriptor.xml"     -version=current
> [ERROR] Get http://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/releases/current: dial tcp: i/o timeout
> fatal error: unexpected signal during runtime execution
> [signal 0xb code=0x1 addr=0x724d2e60 pc=0x1615c]
>

> On the GUI I see this:
>
> <PastedGraphic-1.png>

> Any ideas how to get this package install. Should it not be in Pipeline 2 be default as it would seem to provide several means of generating DTBook XML files.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

Bert Frees

Jun 10, 2019, 8:52:35 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
I think as a quick workaround you can play around with ulimit. If `ulimit -n` gives you a small value you can try to set it to a higher value with e.g. `ulimit -n 1000`.

But anyway, I'll try to find a proper solution.

Greg Kearney

Jun 10, 2019, 9:53:15 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
That worked. I got the update. Thank you.

Greg
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daisy-pipeline-dev/CAOxiMsTaaMef_pU3yBFqSvHewy9v8S6t1SGesy%2B-nZ9hracP5A%40mail.gmail.com.

Greg Kearney

Jun 10, 2019, 10:09:33 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen
One last question where does one find the Nordic markup guidelines? I would prefer English but can manage Swedish as well.

Greg
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/daisy-pipeline-dev/CAOxiMsTaaMef_pU3yBFqSvHewy9v8S6t1SGesy%2B-nZ9hracP5A%40mail.gmail.com.

Bert Frees

Jun 10, 2019, 10:30:33 AM6/10/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen

I'll let Jostein answer the question about the guidelines. I'm not sure where the most recent version can be found. But I do believe it's in English.

Jostein Austvik Jacobsen

Jun 12, 2019, 1:54:05 PM6/12/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
(I got a "the group you tried to contact … may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group" when replying to the list from my @nlb.no e-mail, so I'm replying here from my @gmail.com as well)

Hi Greg.

Sorry for not answering earlier. I've had my hands full.

The homepage for the nordic migrator is here: https://nlbdev.github.com/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator

At the bottom of the homepage, you'll find a link to both the nordic markup guidelines (also known as "Requirements for Quality Content Production in EPUB 3.0/XHTML (Version: 2015-1)"). Here's a direct link as well: http://nlbdev.github.io/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/resources/2014-31_-_EPUB_3_Requirements_2015-1_rev-01.pdf

At NLB we run Pipeline 2 in Docker for our servers. The official Pipeline 2 image is daisyorg/pipeline-assembly, and there's also an extension of that image that includes the nordic migrator, called nlbdev/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator. We run a NLB-specific image internally which includes some NLB-specific things, but it's in principle the same.

If you're setting it up to run on a server or similar, are you able to run Docker? If so, I can recommend using that approach. For a PC (any OS), it might be easier to use the updater. Both approaches are described on the homepage.

If all else fails, you could possibly also download the nordic migrator JAR file directly, and drop it into the Pipeline 2 installation folder toget her with all the other script JARs, but I don't recommend trying it unless there's no other way.

Best regards

Greg Kearney

Jun 12, 2019, 2:09:44 PM6/12/19
to Jostein Austvik Jacobsen, daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I got the extentions installed on the desktop Version of Daisy pipeline now I am trying to understand how to format my HTML documents close to be able to process them into duty book XML documents any advice you can give on that step would be welcome.

Also if you have an example HTML document that has been backed up for the extension that would be helpful as well thank you for your help..

Greg Kearney

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 12, 2019, at 12:48 PM, Jostein Austvik Jacobsen <Jostein.Aus...@nlb.no> wrote:

[...]

NLB

Jostein Austvik Jacobsen

Utvikler / Developer

Norsk lyd- og blindeskriftbibliotek /

Norwegian Library of Talking Books and Braille

http://www.nlb.no/

Jun 12, 2019, 2:38:15 PM6/12/19
to daisy-pip...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

There's an example of the single-HTML representation (as opposed to EPUB which has multiple HTMLs) here: https://github.com/nlbdev/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/tree/master/src/test/resources/single-html

If you'te authoring and validating HTML in an XML editor, then you can validate the structure with nordic-html5.rng and nordic2015-1.sch from here: https://github.com/nlbdev/nordic-epub3-dtbook-migrator/tree/master/src/main/resources/xml/schema

Jostein

OutlookEmoji-NLB3339eeb2-befa-47cc-9578-83c98d09865b.png