Completed watercolor painting - Toward the Sunrise

1 view

dailywatercolor

Mar 17, 2010, 12:42:31 PM3/17/10
to dailywatercolor
The watercolor painting Toward the Sunrise has been changed in the
final stage and I think it is better as a result. The bottom green
has been darken together with the value of the tree on the right
side. Layers of Winsor and Newton Windsor Green and Ultramarine Blue
was added. That resulted in a darker value for the foreground in the
landscape which I think is more appropiate for the scene. The sky
seems brighter and the purple and brown in other areas has more
brilliance in contrast with the dark foreground.